Chapter 4

I slowly open my eyes and ease my way up regretting ever moving. My whole body aches in pain of my very recent rejection. As I look around I notice I'm alone. This only adds to my panicked loneliness. Just as I start to stand the door swings open and in comes a bloody Monti followed by the rest of my family. They all freeze soon seeing me and stare like they just don't know how to act. 

    Suddenly Monti starts walking to me and sets down right in front of me. " who's blood is that..?" I ask hesitantly knowing very well what the answer is. I expect to hear that we have been expelled from the pack due to my rejected bond with the alpha and my brother's apparent aggression that followed. What I hear next is beyond what I ever imagined.

    " Gree I love you and I couldn't just let him get away with what he's done to you and our pack. He has disgraced everything his father believed in and our pack deserved better. I.. I challenged him and I won." He stopped without another word and just stared at me waiting for a response. I wasn't sure what to say. I was both hurt by the loss and relieved at the same time. I couldn't believe my brother killed the alpha.

   Wait…" so ..your the alpha now?" I asked know very well how this worked. " yes, I am. I have made the order that all who wish may leave the pack and for those who remain we will be meeting in the center tonight." With that said he stands and picks me up in his arms. Then the entirety of my family swarms us in hugs and words of love and pride. 

   We all gather ourselves and walk to the center each of us full of pride that our brother is now alpha and fear of what is to come. After our bonding moment earlier we all went to clean up and dress for the meeting. So far we still haven't discussed how this will affect us all. As we approach the town center the pack forms a path for us to reach the front. Not sure of what else to do I follow behind my siblings with my head down.

   At the front of the town Mont makes a list of new rules starting with that of the packs safety. He declares all members above the age of 12 will begin training by the end of the week. All men above the age of 16 will now be required to go through a series of tests to determine their pack ranking and their position within the pack. Women will now be allowed to train alongside the men and if they desire they may also join the recruitment for positions. We will now have new members fill the positions of beta and third. Omegas will no longer be treated as slaves. The pack house will be the primary residence of the alpha and his family as well as orphans who have no parents to provide housing. He finishes by stating that every member who still remains will be required to register themselves and their families into the packs records. Which will be available for filing by the end of the week. 

    After the meeting we all head home for a much needed nights rest before the mass amount of work that will follow.