chapter four

One year and six month later

It has been one year , six months and 2 days since the day he realised that his Faith wasn't the unfaithful wife he thought she was. He went far and wide ,searched every nook and corner but he couldn't find her. It's as if she was washed away from the face of this search. He didn't know what else to do. He couldn't live without her. He feared what if something happened to her? He couldn't forgive himself. More than that there was no meaning for him to live if she isn't with him. He just wished to know atleast whether she was alive or not. He already planned everything that if she is still alive he will take her home and never let her out of his hold whether she likes or not but if anything happened to her he will kill himself and get to her.

Day after day he was losing his hope of finding her but not enough to give up his search. Infact the search and the hope of finding her was  only thing that keeps him going.

He was grateful to have Sander by his side. His bodyguard understood what he was feeling and was immense help for the Search. He was currently in Canada for both related to business as well as for the search purpose.

He sometimes wondered whether she forgot him and was married and settled but he quickly removed that kind of horrible thoughts from his brain. He will never go to that line of thinking again he told himself.

God only knows what he will do if she is married....

Even though he was tired and lost some weight he still was the same gorgeous mouth watering hunk every girl dreams of. His  body was lean and muscular with the right amount of muscles without an ounce of fat . His face was one of an angel. Those jaws of his were sharper than a cutting glass. His lips , those aristocratic nose, high cheekbones, sharp eye brows can be described as nothing else than perfection. His eyes were the greyest of grey in colour, those eyes hold hypnotic trance which can make anyone fall for them if he kept his mind to it. Those piercing eyes were the women's undoing. His hair was straight and black in colour giving it a silky texture with few strands falling on his forehead, his hair was long but not long enough to fall on his shoulder.

Finishing his business deal he asked Sander to drive to a nearby hotel to eat something to keep his stomach from rumbling. It was an embarrassing moment in his meeting where his stomach rumbling was louder than the people who presented the presentation. To escape further embarrassment he finished the deals within minutes and decided to feed  something to quieten it   since it has almost been a weak since he ate.
Food doesn't hold any interest to him anymore. He just ate for the sake of eating. Remembering the golden days where his wife cooked his favourite foods and feeded him like a baby left his heart with an aching. Wiping a lone tear he arrived in front of a hotel.

Sander parked the car and followed his boss inside the hotel.

The hotel screemed simplicity and elegance. Looking around the interior designing Alexander was impressed the beauty it held. It requires an artful as well as a tasteful mind to bring all the colours of rainbow and blend them all together in such a way that it left the spectators in a calm soothing mood which is exactly what a customer needs while eating in that hotel.

With a small smile he took a seat in one of the available table and his bodyguard took the other seat facing his boss reluctantly after his boss ordered to eat with him forcefully.

A waiter boy arrived and took their order.
Placing the food the waiter went to get some wine. Without further delay the two digged into the food like a starved hyna.

A waiter came and poured the requested wine in two glasses. Not realising the waiter had poured too much to the brim of the glass that when Alexander took the glass for a sip not noticing how full it was it spilled on the table cloth and his hands.

With surprise he looked at his wine glass and choked a laugh. Who the hell pours wine to the brim of the glass. Wanting to look at the amazing waiter he lifted his eyes up only to look at the two chocolate brown eyes which stared back at him.

He stood up so suddenly and forcefully that his chair fell back to  the floor making a loud bang turning all the heads to his side

Seeing those dove eyes his own eyes displayed so many emotions such as relief, joy, love, adoration, wonder that he didn't notice that the owner of those eyes held no such emotions as his. Her eyes displayed fear, fear for what ? No one knows except her.

He so wanted to pull her in his arms and crush her to his chest where she rightfully belonged. His fingers twitched to caress her pale inviting soft skin. He slowly lifted his arms to embrace her but universe had other plans for him.

Seeing him lift his hands , Faith was beyond terrified. She turned from that man and run
away with tears flowing on her face.

Seeing her run away from him pain gripped at his heart but what was he expected ? That she will run towards him and engulf him in her arms ?? He mind taunted at him.

Not wanting to let her out of his sight he ran behind her followed by his bodyguard.

Sander himself was beyond happy to finally find Faith but seeing her , something didn't sit well with him. But nevertheless he followed his boss.

Alexander ran towards her but what he saw made his fists clench so tightly that his veins  might have burst out of his skin. He clenched his jaw grinding his teeth to the point that it might have turned into powder.

Seeing her distressed state Sam got worried. He took her in the safety of his arms and tried to sooth her. She clutched Sam's shirt with a death grip and rested her head on his chest all the while her  tear flow continued.

Sam was used to her reaction by now. He didn't know what happened to her in her past that made her fear strangers so much. Something always triggered her fear. She doesn't trust anyone even to go near her but for some reason she trusts Sam. His presence calms her inner demons, maybe it was because he was there for her when no one was there for her. Even though he didn't know her he stood by her side. Maybe that was the reason she recognised his face when she forgot her own face.

Alexander was so furious that he strode towards the man with murderous eyes who dared to hug his Faith.

Standing in front of Sam Alexander almost punched the man but his bodyguard stopped his punch by holding Alexander's hands with his own before it met it's intended target, that is Sam's face.

Alexander shot Sam a murderous glare for preventing him from punching that man but  Sander didn't leave his boss wrist. Sander was always been a good observer who analyses everything before jumping into action. He needed answers. Answers that may be found or maybe hidden forever from them.

Sam stood hugging the frightened girl,  oblivious to the two men who stood in front of him.

It took him a few seconds to notice the two men who stood like brick walls.

Sam smiled apologetically at them.