chapter five

" I am sorry sir. This won't happen again, Ms. Faith is new here." He apologized to the two hunk.

" Who are you to her?" Alexander growled .

Sam was taken aback why the strangers tone. What the hell?

" Excuse me" Sam said with a frown creasing his forehead not knowing why the stranger is shooting daggers at him.

Sander quickly intervened before his boss does anything , like snapping the man's neck into two.

" I am Sander visley and this is my boss Mr. Alexander Kingston. We are Ms. Faith's friends. It's been a long time since we saw her." Sander explained to him choosing  the words carefully.

Hearing the word ' Friend' Alexander shot his bodyguard a dirty look clearly stating that he was not at all pleased with bodyguard.

" I am her husband not a fucking friend" he hissed at the bodyguard. Sander's lip twitched upward but nevertheless he pointed the obvious

" Sir I don't feel like this is a ideal situation to introduce your husband's status to him. So please calm down sir" he muttered under his breath.

Thankfully Sam was busy seating Faith in a nearby table that he didn't hear the conversation of the others.

Turning to them he introduced himself after a minute of hesitation.

" I am Sam kenter and I am the owner of the hotel." Seeing the impatient look of Alex he continued " I am looking after Faith. I am her friend but She never told me she had any friend when she was well" he said the last part to himself.

But the two men clearly heard everything. Hearing Sam say that he was a friend somewhat relaxed Alexander's tense shoulder. But what does he mean by 'when she was well'.

Alexander tried to look at his Faith and catch her eye but she didn't turn to give a single glance or say a word. All this time she turned her back to him. Is she so much angry that she doesn't want to see me? He wondered. Clearly that might be the reason he thought bitterly. If he were she ,he would never forgive him.

Alexander desperately wanted to look at her face and drink in her beauty. Walking from behind her ,he sat on her right side  and the two others sat opposite him and Faith.

" Faith look at me " Alexander said to her softly but Faith didn't give him a single glance. She had a blank look on her face and her eyes were fixed on a window as if looking for something.

" Please Faith please look at me for once. I know you are angry with me or hate me, I understand how I hurt you are but please don't give me a cold shoulder" he pleaded her.

Sam felt uncomfortable, he didn't know how to tell them that Faith will never look at them or speak with them. She could clearly see that the man named Alexander was not just a friend to Faith from the way he was looking at her and the way he was speaking to her with desperation and some other emotion, he was something more than that. He was maybe a boyfriend or husband? But Faith said she had no friends and no relations to her. Still now Faith remained a mystery to Sam. He still remember the day when he saw her in the hospital, that scene nearly broke his heart. She never spoke to him of her past and he never asked her about it. If this men are the reason for her suffering he will never let them near her , he will kill them if has to protect her from them. At times he felt guilty for what he had done, he was also a part of Faith's current state.

" Please give me a chance Faith" Alexander pleaded again and again but Faith remained seated still as a rock with a faraway blank look.

" She won't speak" Sam said particularly to no one.

" What do you mean she won't speak?" Both Alexander and his bodyguard asked at the same time.

" Faith is not here. She can't speak or do anything else except a few basic things." He muttered sadly.

" What nonsense are you blabbering heh? She is sitting in front of us and your saying she is not here? What the hell do you mean? " Alexander bellowed angrily.

Sander watched her boss's wife and he realised the meaning of what Sam said. She was not here he thought sadly.

Alexander looked at her women and finally realised that nothing he said reached her.
All the colours drained his face, fear gripped his heart.

" Faith, Faith do you hear me? It's Alexander. Look at me, speak to me please Faith please" he frantically shaked her fearing the worst.

She flinched from him and started to cry searching for something or someone. When she saw Sam's face launched at him throwing herself  on him and started crying.

Alexander so wanted to pull her from Sam and run away with her but he resisted the urge. It's not the right time he will soon get her away from this hug man he thought.

Sam was so used to her behaviour that he soothed her again and talked to her like a parent talking to a child.

" It's ok Faith don't be afraid of them. They won't hurt you. Calm down baby doll " he cooed in her tear.

Alexander was outraged.

" Don't call her baby doll" he growled." And  why is she hugging you? not me after all I'm her..her....,err  whatever don't hug her too much" Alexander grumbled.

Sander just smiled at his boss possessiveness and Sam rolled his eyes.
He guessed right, Alexander was more than a friend to Faith. He wanted to know about her past but he waited for the right moment to ask. And for the hugging matter Sam smirked internally if only Alexander knew that he was a gay , what a hunk he sighed dreamily checking out Alexander.

" Yeah "Sam answered already guessing Alexander won't be easy to handle. With some google search Sam came to know that Alexander was tycoon billionaire who had everything in his hands both power and money. But he couldn't find any personal information about him. Alexander is a very personal man Sam concluded.

" Faith was exhausted after her crying episode. Her eyes drooped closed slowly losing the little consciousness she had.

" She is sleepy I will take her home. I will see you later gentleman" he slowly stood up clutching the sleepy doll to his chest.

" What home ? Where are you taking her" Alexander narrowed his eyes at Sam.

" Mr. Alexander she is tired. I need to take her back to my apartment where she lives with me" he answered tired of this two men who interrogated him like a cop.

Alexander was outraged. His women lived with another man? How dare that man he seethed but he knew he can't change the past. But that also doesn't mean he is okey about it.

" Give her to me. I will take her back to my place." He took a step towards the sleeping girl.

" You don't understand. She will be terrified and start panicking once she woke up in a different place" Sam explained.

" But-" Alexander started to protest

" Mr. Sam is right boss we need to take her to his place for now" Sander emphasized the word 'now'.

Even though he wanted to protest he knew that it was the right think to do now.

But he won't let the opportunity to hold his Faith go. She was unconscious that means he can be near her without making her cry.

He glared at Sam and slowly pulled her to him with possessiveness. With his both hands he lifted her from the ground and he layed her head on his shoulder  carried her bridal style to his car. Sam and Sander followed him wordlessly.

Alexander holded Faith close to his chest and breathed in her presence. After all this years he finally felt peace at home. He doesn't know what happened to her but he will bring her back from wherever she got lost and show her that he will be always be with her. He once failed to keep his words but he will correct it and hope everything will come back to the way they once were.