chapter Seven

Faith smiled a genuine smile at the man who was standing there in front of her like a statue with a dazed look.

Recovering from her bewitching smile he took a step towards her with so much longing and hope. That she had come back to him from wherever she went.

" Alexi " Faith breathed his same softly.

Sam was stunned. Sam had tried every possible thing he could think of to make her speak. But nothing worked. He took her to many psychiatric doctors  and counselling but still he got no reactions from her. Her hollow lifeless look haunted him every night. He often blamed himself for what he did. May be he should have listened to Faith. If he had listened to her , atleast she would have rested in peace happily. But seeing her smile and hearing her voice he prayed and hoped  that she will recover from her trauma.

Alexander stood rooted to the spot overwhelmed by what he heared.
Her voice was like a soothing balm to his  burning soul. Alexander always grumbled and complained to her how that the name 'Alexi'  sounded feminine and silly but secretly he enjoyed hearing her calling him that. Hope blossomed in his heart hearing his name. That means she recognised him.

She hesitantly lifted her right hand and touched his left cheek. Without breaking her eye contact with his ,she gently caressed his jaw and cheek lovingly up and down.

Alexander felt like he died and gone to heaven. His skin tingled where she touched pleasantly. Closing his eyes he breathed a sign of relief as if the weight of the earth has been lifted from his shoulder. Tension evaporated from his body visibly relaxing his stressed body.

Her touch brought back all their blissful old memories. He missed her touch, her kisses, her hugs, he missed her every damn thing. Her eyes damn!! They were his undoing.

Alexander was in a daze. A heavenly daze.
Feeling her touch in him he instinctively covered his hands over hers which was placed in his cheek.

Abruptly her hand stopped caressing. Faith froze for a second before she flinched and pulled her hands away from his hold.

Alexander too realised his mistake of touching her suddenly like that. He cursed himself for frightening her.As he looked at her eyes , he realised once again that he lost her. The little sparkle of recognisation was gone making her eyes look more vacant and hollow than ever.

Sam witnessed the scene in front of him observing every single detail minutely. He have waited enough, he needed to know certain things. Something in him says that  Alexander is the only one who could bring her back but also that he was the one who broke her. He would kill him if he did that to Faith. He couldn't just accuse someone without proof.

He pulled a nearby arm chair and sat in front of Faith thinking how to ask Alexander his questions. He took the vegetable salad from the table and mixed it again to feed her.

The sudden screeching of chair made Alex to look at the direction of the noise. Alexander forgot that damned man was also there with them all this time. That man carefully took the spoon to Faith's mouth. Surprising Alexander she obediently opened her mouth and took the food in silently and started chewing the food without making a fuss.

During their time of marriage Alexander used to feed her almost all the time he could  ,coexing her to let him feed her. She whined and made  great fuss before allowing him to feed her. Nowadays he is getting surprise after surprise. There is still so much to know about her. His possessive side wanted to lift his ugly head and squash Sam like a potato. But his rational side wanted to hug that man. He could see that Sam really cared for his Faith. He also new that it's not everyday that a person care for a stranger and let the stranger especially a women in such a state to live in his apartment. Not only that he treats her as baby feeding her, taking care of all her needs and staying by her sides all the time. He doubts whether even a mother can compare to Sam. He also wanted to know why he is doing what he is doing. Does he has any feelings for his Faith? Is that the reason for his actions? Or does he have any other reason? He needed to have have a serious talk with that man and make him know that Faith was his and to erase any feelings he has for Faith if he has such a thing.