VIII

ー ⚓️ ー

ー ⚓️    ー

ー ⚓️ ー

After what seemed to be an eternity, Simon and I arrived back to the small town I was staying. Getting off the wagon, he called out to me once more.

"Now what Simon? My time is precious. I could be sleeping by now."

Smiling he let out a small chuckle, "I was wondering since you're technically new to the Clover Kingdom; I was wondering if you would like a tour of what we have to offer."

I was lost for words, usually I could easily come up with a comeback quickly enough yet for some reason I couldn't. I slowly nodded, still surprised with my own reaction, I failed to notice the bright smile Simon had.

"Would three days from now work? I don't have any shipment that day."

I smiled half-heartedly, "sure that sounds like a plan!"

After bidding our goodbyes, I decided to head down to the beach hoping to clear my thoughts and come up with ideas to head back home.

Home...I wonder how brother is.

I smiled to myself knowing he would be running around like crazy trying to figure out where I was stranded at.

I remember the Emperor said something about a magical barrier surrounding Clover Kingdom and the neighboring ones.

I was lost in thought as a sudden wave crashed down close to me, almost getting caught by the wave itself. Looking out to the horizon, i smiled sadly, sure I did joke around with everyone here but it didn't feel the same without those who you call your family.

Squatting down a bit further from the shore I began to make several doodles in the sand hoping to pass time this way.

The sound of footsteps slowly made their way until a Shadow looked over me. I tried to ignore whoever they were hoping they would just leave. Yet the only thing the person did was kick sand over my sand drawing. I felt an irk form on my forehead.

I stood up, ready to punch this asshole in the face. "Alright dipshit, what the hell if your problem?"

My eyes slightly widen as to see the man of the hour standing in front of me; clearly pushed off.

"Nozel.."

His cold glare was kind of refreshing after being surrounded by friend faces.

"I can see the peasants have been teaching you colorful vocabulary."

I looked up at him confused for a moment before slightly smirking. "Non non Monsieur! I already had this colorful vocabulary since before I even arrived here!"

Nozel let out a gruff hmph before turning around and walking off. He only took several steps before turning bsck to me.

"The Emperor wishes to speak to you. I would like you not to waste my time and get a move on. I have places to be."