May!reader x Gwilym Lee - part 2

(GIF NOT MINE - CREDIT TO OWNER)

Gwilym glanced your way for a split second before he looked back in front of him, not wanting to risk either life as he drove the two of you to your destination. He could see you fiddling out the corner of his eye. Nerves, he thought as you continued to fiddle.

"Why are you nervous, baby girl?" He asked, glancing towards you again.

You looked round to him blushing, "I'm not,"

Gwilym let out a short chuckle, "Yes you are," He smiled. "You're fiddling with your ring." Gwilym nodded before turning back to the road.

You look down to your hands in your lap and let go of your engagement ring. "Shut up," You giggled, looking back out the passenger window.

Gwilym chuckled. Ever since he proposed and popped that ring on your finger seven months ago, he'd noticed it had become a habit of yours to spin it around your finger. "What's wrong, sweetheart?"

You shook your head as you let out a small sigh, "I'm worried about telling, Dad."

Gwilym rolled his eyes, "Why would you be worried? Your dad is going to be thrilled, trust me."

You nodded, "I do," You sighed shaking your head, "And, I know Dad and Anita are going to be happy, just... this has been our, little secret for the last nine weeks... I kinda, don't want to share it with everyone."

Gwilym nodded, "I know, baby girl, but we have to share the news. People will start to work it out when there's suddenly a tiny person following us around." He chuckled making you giggle. He reached over and placed his hand over yours. "I love you, Y/N."

"Love you too..."

----------

"Hello, love," Brian wrapped you up in his long arms after kissing your cheek. You squeezed him back, snuggling into him as you breathed in his scent. "What's wrong?" He whispered as you hugged.

You shook your head, "Nothing's wrong, Dad," You smiled as you pulled back from him.

Brian nodded, "If you're sure," He wrapped his arm around your shoulder and began to guide you into the house. "Coffee?" He asked as you entered the kitchen and he walked over to the kettle.

Your eyebrows shot up as you looked over to Gwilym who was sat at the table with Anita, already sipping on his own coffee. He shook his head subtly, God, you wanted coffee, "Hmm, no, thanks, Dad..."

Brian turned around with the coffee jar in his hand surprised. "Are you sure there's nothing wrong?" He frowned, "You always drink, coffee. What's wrong?"

"Brian," Anita tutted playfully, "Let her speak before you start fretting."

You smiled at her, "Thank you, Anita, at least one of you doesn't worry over nothing."

Gwilym scoffed, "Hmm, pretty sure I told you not to worry in the car."

You glared at him as you walked over to where he was sat and grabbed one of the little gift bags. "Shut up, smart-arse,"

"Worry? Why were you worrying, Little-May?" Brian sighed as he moved a little closer to you.

You smiled as you placed the gift bag in Brian's hands, "Just, open this, please." You begged.

Gwilym smiled as he gave the other one to Anita, "You too, Anita."

The two of them gave you a puzzled look before they opened their gift bags. You began fiddling with your engagement ring again as you waited with baited breath.

Brian pulled out the small picture frame and studied it for a brief moment. A giant grin broke out on his face as he stared blurry eyes down at the black and white photograph. "Hi, Grandpa." He let out a soft chuckle as he ran his fingers over the inscription on the frame.

"Oh my gosh!" Anita cried as she threw her arms around Gwilym's neck.

"Dad?" You slowly reached out towards him, taking a hold of his hand. "Is everything okay?"

Brian nodded, "Oh, yes..." He let out a soft chuckle as he looked up from the ultrasound photo, tears in his eyes. "Every thing is okay Little-May. Perfect." Brian grinned, pulling you into a tight hug. "Oh, sweet girl,"

You squeezed your arms around his waist as tears rolled down your face. "So, you're happy?"

"Very," Brian grinned. He pulled back from you cupping your face. "Are you?"

You nodded, "Yes, I am."

"Good, and you Gwilym?" Brian looked over to his future son-in-law.

Gwilym smiled happily, his own eyes filled with tears. "Yes, Brian very happy." Gwilym smiled at you proudly.
------
"HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!"

"YAY!" All the party guests, family and friends, cheered as your little girl 'blew' out her candles with the help of her daddy.

"Down... Dada, down." Kordelia waved her hands in the air until Gwilym put her down. The moment he let go, on very wobbly but excited legs she ran over to her favourite grey haired man. "Papa! I boo, andle out!"

Brian beamed as he bent down and scooped Kordelia up. "You certainly did, Tiny-May!" Brian kissed her cheek making her giggle.

"He's definitely her favorite." Gwilym grinned as he wrapped his arm around your shoulders.

You let out a small chuckle, turning to look up at your gorgeous husband. "Don't worry honey, I'm sure the next one will choose you." You smiled up at him.

Gwilym's eyes widened in shock as he looked back at you. "Are you?" He placed his hand subtly over your lower belly.

You shook your head with a soft smile, "Not yet, but I have been thinking about, maybe..." You shrugged looking back over to your dad as he tickled Kordelia. "It's time to start-"

"Trying for another." Gwilym grinned, "I think, that's a really, great idea." Gwilym pressed a loving kiss to your forehead.

You beamed looking up to him, "I love you, Mr. Lee."

"I love you too, Mrs. Lee."