Priorities

"Ew, Clawd! You're sweaty!" Draculaura squealed as Clawd wrapped her in his tree trunk-like arms, pulling her into his chest. She wrinkled her nose, throwing her head back in an effort to keep away from her boofriend.

"Love me-e," Clawd yelled obnoxiously, leaning down to nuzzle his nose against her neck. Sweat dripped off his hair and fell in droplets against the column of her neck.

"Clawd!" She squawked, the high-pitched note of her voice making him wince, before finally pulling back. He kept her in his arms though, his grip bunching the varsity jacket up around her waist. He gave her an innocent smile as she glared at him.

"You know, you're supposed to be congratulating me. Telling me how great I did, saying how proud you are of me, maybe a few kisses, definitely not trying to resist my lovings on you."

Draculaura snorted and poked his chest. "Wrong ghoul, mister." The crowd around them suddenly swelled with an uptake in raucous cheers and yelling. Monster High, despite their initial loss against the Vampire Academy in the first game of the season, had begun winning each game in a rather pitiful (for the opposing team) lanslide, and tonight's game had been no different. The throng of students seemed even more ecstatic than usual, and they were pressed in from all sides as they waded off the bleachers and onto the court.

"Draculaura," she heard Cleo's voice call, even over the noise of the crowd. She turned her head to the side, the aforementioned ghoul pushing her way through the mass of bodies, or rather, yelling loudly and forcing people to move out of her way. She snickered at the sight, but didn't bother to remove herself from Clawd's arms (not that she could, what with the way he tightened his grip around her waist). Frankie was trotting dutifully behind her, stuttering out apologies to everyone who Cleo treated less than nicely (so everyone) while trying not to be moved away with the swell of the crowd.

Both she and Cleo had nearly slumped over in relief at the sight of Frankie when she had sheepishly walked into the gym thirty minutes before the basketball game. They had bombarded her with questions, but Frankie had stayed rather quiet and sullen the entire night, something that was continuously grating on her. Frankie, rarely, if ever, kept anything away from her, and being pushed away now was more than a little hurtful and worrisome. Frankie almost always went to her if she was having any problems with the whole being-brought-to-life-four-months-ago thing, or even just a shoulder to cry on or someone to vent to. Not being that person was weird, but she didn't know how to bring the girl out of her self-imposed bubble when she never had to do so before.

Frankie was the most open person she'd ever met. Rather innocent and naive, with her heart on her sleeve and her emotions plain on her face, but now, whenever their eyes met, they were guarded. There was something she wasn't telling her, but because Frankie had never kept a secret from her before, she wasn't sure whether to push her for the answers, or leave her to figure everything out on her own. She was leaning more towards the former.

"Laura!" Cleo screeched.

Clawd winced. "She has a pair of lungs on her, doesn't she?"

"Mhmm, she could replace the school's fire alarm if it ever broke."

Clawd snickered lowly, only to sober quickly as Cleo finally made her way beside them, tapping the toe of her sneaker impatiently as Frankie fought to push through the crowd.

"Do you literally go deaf whenever you're with Clawd or . . .?" Cleo asked sarcastically.

Draculaura smirked. "Nope," she popped the p snarkily, "I was just ignoring you." She winced as Cleo reached over with lightning fast reflexes, and flicked the type of her ear with her acrylic nails, sending a tiny shooting pain through the sensitive appendage. She glared at the de Nile, reaching up to rub the spot soothingly.