Don't Blow Your Cover, They Said

MATTIA'S POV:

I sat on my bed as I waited for Olivia to text me back. I decided I wanted to take her somewhere special tonight, but I was still waiting for her to tell me whether she was free or not.

"Mattia?" I heard my Dad call. I locked my phone and went into the hallway.

"Yes, Dad?" I asked, looking down from the landing. A butler was stood next to him, holding two suitcases.

"I'm going away for a week, it's...business" he sighed.

"I understand" I replied, watching as rubbed his eyes tirelessly.

"Just look after everything while I'm gone" he said, walking out the door. I nodded, feeling a little hurt that he didn't even bother to say goodbye properly.

-

Two hours had gone by and I'd still heard nothing on Liv, so I decided to run a background check on her. I instantly felt guilty, I should've trusted her and just let her get back to me in her own time. But I had no patience for that way.

I ran some checks and didn't find anything weird. I read her favourite place to eat was McDonald's, so I figured I could drive by there and see if she was anywhere to be seen. But just as I was about to close the document, something caught my eye. There was no mention of her Mother, but the records stated her Dad worked in the FBI. Not only did he work there, he was in the undercover unit. A sick feeling set in my stomach as I scrolled down the page to see Liv's occupation. She wouldn't do this to me, would she? Why would she? Everything she'd said to me was genuine, it had to be. I reached her page and it read:

Occupation: Retail Assistant

I breathed a sigh of relief and closed the laptop quickly. I knew she wouldn't do something like that. Her heart was too kind.

OLIVIA'S POV:

I forced my eyes open, but immediately regretted it. I was in some kind of cell, with rope tied around my wrists and ankles. There was dirt around me, and the foul stench just magnified my horrific surroundings.
I tried to pull on the ropes, but I only felt them harshly rubbing against my skin. I threw my head back in pain, when I heard a door open. A man stepped in, with black curly hair and light brown freckles which sat on the bridge of his nose.

"Mariano" I said coldly. He gave me a sad smile and closed the door behind him. He went behind me and undid the rope around my hands, before coming in front of me and handing me two pieces of fruit. I stared down at the apple and pear, as he walked to the other side of the cell and got a chair, placing it in front of me.

"Olivia" he replied, sitting in front of me. I'd met Mar before. We'd met at a party, but I guess he never knew that one day his brother would be holding me captive in his home.

"What the fuck is this?" I asked, holding the fruit up at him. He rolled his eyes and folded his arms across his chest.

"A peace offering" he said sarcastically. I raised my eyebrows at him, inviting an uncomfortable silence between us.

"Look, you haven't eaten since you got here, and that was yesterday night, it's been 24 hours, just eat something" he pleaded. I reached forward and placed the fruits in his lap.

"I'm good" I said quietly, picking up the rope from the floor "tie my hands together, before Hector walks in on whatever the fuck this is"

"I'm sorry for this" he sighed, tying the ropes around my wrists. He gently tightened the knot, but not enough to hurt me. He moved the chair and went over to the door.

"I'm sorry for whatever he does" he said, opening the door with sad eyes. Once he'd gone I found myself falling asleep, but I couldn't help but wonder what the Diaz Cartel would've been like if Mariano was in power.

-

I woke up to a loud bang, making me jolt awake and see smoke behind me. I looked ahead and saw Hector with a gun in his hand, and an ugly smile across his face.

"Did I wake you?" he smirked, putting the gun away.

"Can you let me fucking go?" I said loudly, trying to pull my arms free. He laughed and came behind the chair. But I saw his face fell when he saw the knot was loosened. He pressed his lips together before hitting the side of my head with his gun. I heard a loud ringing in my ear and bit the inside of my cheek.

"That's strange, I don't remember them being this loose" he said, tying them so tight I felt like my circulation might as well have cut off.

"Hector, stop" I said, becoming breathless. He faced me and tilted his head to a side.

"Why? Aren't you having fun, angel?" he pouted. I kept my mouth shut, I was afraid if I opened it I might just throw up. Hearing him call me the name Mattia once called me, it was a whole new level of disgust.

"Isn't that what Mattia calls you? At least, that's what my soldier told me?"

I narrowed my eyes at him, trying to piece together the pieces of his sick, twisted puzzle.

"Oh my god, you still don't get it?" he leaned forward so his face was inches away "see, I've sent in one of my soldiers, disguised as a member of NJ13"

"No" I gasped, sitting back in the wooden chair.

"And he's telling me everything that's going on in there, and when I tell him, he'll put a bullet straight through M-"

"NO!" I screamed, lunging forward for him, but the ropes harshly pulled me back. He smiled, taking out his phone.

"Why don't we give him a call?"

"What the fuck do you want? Just tell me, you don't have to hurt Mattia" I begged. This was no longer about any damn mission. This was about saving a man I was madly in love with.

"You"

Hector put his gun under my chin and lifted my face up. I was shaking with fear, I knew how gladly he'd pull the trigger.

"I want you, Agent West."