Prologue

Brooke looked back for the fifth time as her fingers nervously tapped the wheel of the rusty Volkswagen she stole from an antique looking motel.

At the age of 19, Brooke had a high criminal record, higher than most teenage boys her age. Unless they were serial killers or some high fantasy thing like that. Brooke never believed that people who kill relentlessly are considered 'serial killers'. In fact, Brooke thought of the two words as a silly myth. Man - or woman - who kill more than one person have a purpose for doing it.

I must be going insane, Brooke figured, her insides curling at the image she looks at through her rear view mirror.

It isn't him, just a figment of my imagination, Brooke concluded, nodding her head, forcing herself to believe her mind. Brooke repeated the mantra in her head until she didn't remember what she thought she saw.

It took all of Brooke's remaining energy to stop the filthy automobile, - that indeed have hidden undergarments under the seat in the back - open the door, and drag herself to an ominous looking cafe in the middle of North Carolina. Brooke felt a bad essence coming from the cafe but she ignored her mind's protests and let her empty stomach and full bladder lead the way into the dinky looking cafe.

Cold seeped through her veins, Brooke wished she was feeling cold from the weather but she wasn't. The cold traveled its way through her body, leaving her with the feeling of dread. Before anything else could happen, Brooke quickened her pace and entered the cafe, looking behind her more often than she had in the car.

The place was in ruins. Furniture lay sprawled all across the place. The place looked cozy enough, as if it got a lot of attention before it was 'attacked' one may say. The cafe - named Ann's Cafe - was run down and definitely in need of a demolition team.

A bulldozer would do just the job, Brooke contemplated. She even considered about calling a demolition service to take apart this place right now, but she restrained. Brooke was in dire need of a coffee and a restroom. Neither of which she found as she took curious peeks around the small cafe.

"Hello?" Brooke called out. Her first mistake.

"Hello?" Brooke repeated, stepping over a broken piece of a chair leg. "Is anyone here?" A large crack resonated as Brooke sunk her foot in, yet, another chair leg. Mistake number two.

Brooke noticed she was following a pattern that happened in the horror movies she'd watch with Adam - when they were dating - and he would try to protect her but eventually gave up, seeing as she was hard as a rock. Tough as metal.

In each horror movie, the girl made a noise, tried running away, and always got caught. It was basically a tradition in horror movies. Still, there were some where the last person survived, or no one died but came out 'differently'. And here she was, the star of the movie, the innocent victim, the one who was to die because of some stupid motives.

Brooke knew she shouldn't have continued her search since, obviously, no one was home. She did anyway. Her third, and final mistake.

Brooke reached the back of the cafe and found the sign she was dying over. The famous female bathroom sign. Brooke rushed to the bathroom doorknob. In the distance, she swore she heard the single of the chimes above the entrance door, signaling a new costumer. It was that or the sound of the heel of her boots clicking against the oddly designed tiles. But the two vibrations were basically the same things, right?

Wrong. The second Brooke noticed her mistakes, it was too late. She had stepped out of the bathroom and tried finding an exit route but she was spotted already. A cloth invaded her mouth and she silently fell asleep, the man behind her dropping her slowly to the floor, ever so gently. Her dozing body naturally went along with him. She had no option but to go along, the drugs making her vulnerable and weak.

Brooke saw a flash of an alluring blue before she was out cold.

****

A/N: Hey, this is Morgan and I write Brooke's POV.

Tiffany and I have come to a conclusion that we will be posting this short prologue just so y'all can see what the story is about.

We might not publish for awhile due to school and different schedules but we hope you guys enjoy this and support us.

Happy Holidays and keep reading!

~Morgan