Each Bathroom Break

Chapter Four- Each Bathroom Break

Brooke was suddenly awoken by a hand shoving her against the floor. Salty tears stuck to her face from the memories.

She was doing the usual after such a vivid nightmare like that. She cried, she shook, and she sweat. Sweating, by far, was the worst. Sweating made Brooke feel sticky. It reminded her she was and always will be connected to those memories.

There will never be an escape from them and Brooke has to accept that.

Brooke was shoved again. "Wake up, princess. It's time for food. Eat now or you'll be starving for two days," a throaty voice spoke.

She looked up into the man's lifeless brown eyes. It made her think of her own father's eyes. The life long gone from those hazel orbs of his. "I'm up, I'm up." She put her hands up in surrender, shaking her head from the thoughts of the dead man she had yet to talk to.

Brooke felt so cold, so lonely, but pushed it away for the time being. No one cares anyway, it's only about the cash they get for what they are doing. Nothing more, nothing less.

"What's going on?" Aveline questioned from the other side of the room. In all honesty, Brooke had forgotten Aveline was here until she saw and heard the girl get up from the floor.

The man who told Brooke to wake up turned to face Aveline. "Jett said he's feedin' you somewhere else from now on. I don't know why but it's what he wants. We're here to accomplish that. Now get up and get moving." Brooke noticed how the man had a slight country accent. One that was barely recognizable but still there.

Of course you you notice. You fell in love with a country man, Brooke's inner voice reprimanded her.

Another man went and grabbed Brooke up, holding her hands together in his large one behind her back. "You might as well out cuffs on me since I'm already being treated like a criminal," Brooke muttered under her breath. The second man scoffed but continued to hold her in his large grip.

"Okay, I'm coming," Aveline said behind Brooke. "Go ahead, tie my hands together. I'm sure I'll find some other way to pick up my food."

Brooke snorted at Aveline's words.

Where was that spunky teenager when I first got here? Brooke inwardly asked.

"See, that's a great game to play. Make the girls eat with their slippery hands and then throw it on your faces. You'll be caught with like, I don't know, a deranged disease or something from the bacteria all over her hands." The memories were a faint piscture in Brooke's mind and she actually felt a tiny bit of a giddy feeling rising in her tummy. Maybe Aveline is the savior she needed to turn her life around.

But maybe not, the voice once again ruined the elated feeling arising in her mind. Just like it always did when she felt something positive going on in her life.

"Just shut up," the man snapped.

"Gladly," Brooke drawled, a smirk rising at the corners of her mouth. Truthfully, she didn't feel like smirking. It reminded of her of him. Basically anything reminded her of the man she once loved.

"Awe, but I like annoying people. Being trapped in a room, alone for a week might I add, doesn't give many opportunities to do that," Aveline pouted, giving Brooke the reassurance she needed to continue on.

The leader of the two growled and roughly shoved Brooke towards the exit.

"You know, I'm really starting to like her," Brooke whispered to the man pushing her to the exit. A smile was lit on her face but quickly disappeared when she remembered what happened in her sleep not so long ago.