Each Foolish Kidnapper

Chapter Two- Each Foolish Kidnapper

As soon as night approached, Jett ordered someone to hand the girls their share of food for the night while he stayed in his office doing work. It only took but a few mere moments to be told that the girls were fast asleep.

"Tell them to wake up and eat or they won't be fed for two days straight," Jett  barked, his grip on the pen he was holding for five whole minutes, tightened.

"Yes sir," the man who reported the girls state shut the door quietly, knowing how much Jett hated the slamming of doors. It reminded him of too many bad memories.

Jett could hear the man's retreating footsteps and the casual movement of the bookshelf. When the steps completely vanished, he went back to the paperwork he had almost finished before he was interrupted by the female.

Brooke. How he despised that selfish teenager. She had gotten everything she had ever wanted. If she asked for it, she got it. Nothing could get between her. It angered Jett how easily she could obtain something in a snap of her fingers. Everybody did her filthy work, and worked under her filthy rule. She got what she asked for even after her horrible past.

Now that Jett had the upper hand, he'd show her that there are people in the world who can't achieve everything in an instant. He would make Brooke feel what every living person in the world feels after a long day at work. Jett would show Brooke that work is an important part of the equation.

He also knew keeping Brooke trapped for as long as possible would get him the money he needed to save his father's company.

Taylor's Law Firm. A well-known law industry. A place where any human being could go to get the best lawyers in the world. Ever since Jett's father handed Jett's brother - Anthony - ownership, the business has been spiraling down.

Jett took the ownership by force to turn it back around to its full potential.

Anthony now works at an old pub in Missouri. Jett holds no guilt for what he did. All he was doing is taking care of his father's company. Something Anthony couldn't have done in his lifetime.

Jett's phone rang and he picked his arm up to answer it without looking at who it was calling him.

"Hello?" Jett asked.

"Where are they?" A voice drowned over the phone. It was a male character that Jett had grown quite fond of and remembered easily.

"Adam, what a pleasure it is to hear from you. It's been what? Five months since I last heard from you? How are you?" Jett asked, genuinely curious about Adam's wellbeing.

They had been close friends as young children and as young teenagers. Both the boys eventually grew apart when Jett started getting more involved in his father's business. Adam had been the one who consoled Jett when he went through his family troubles. All in all, Adam and Jett were siblings from different parents.

"I'm fine," Adam seethed over the phone. "Now tell me why you decided to capture Brooke Daniels - who happens to be my ex - and Aveline Asher." The voice was full of anger.

"If you kept speaking with me then I would have told you. My father's business is going down ever since Anthony. Brooke and Aveline have what I need to get the company back on track," Jett elaborated, tightening his grip on the mobile phone. His anger was flaring and his temper rising.

Jett had figured this would happen eventually. The news about Aveline Asher going missing would be all over the news. He knew this because he had searched any information about the girl that he could. How well she was known, family, friends, even grades were an important piece. It took longer than he thought but he eventually managed. Jett found out she was known around the town and will be easily noted as missing.