Chaper 7

Kamali settled in at school surprisingly easily. Her class teacher was immensely helpful. Her classmates were also nice and helped her. It was still weird for her to not remember anyone, but she was hopeful that her memories would return sooner than she hoped they would. She had been having dreams of little snippets of memories about her and her cousin brother, which only strengthened her hope.

Despite what people thought of her, she was't oblivious to stuff around her. She knew her mother was hiding stuff from her. She also knew that there were stuff her friend was not telling her. The way she was surprised at somethings that she did, and the way she was sometimes hesitant around her. She could also feel that Thamasha was slowly getting closer to her too. In a good way. And she wasn't oblivious to the stares she received from her classmates.

Despite all of this, there was this nagging feeling in the back of her mind. She had a weird feeling of being uncomfortable in her own body. She couldn't help but feel she was a different person now. 

Maybe she was being paranoid, but, she knew her instincts were true. She would find out what her parents and friend was hiding.

She was taken out of her musings by Thamasha who was waving her hand infront of Kamali's face.

"Hellooo! Earth to Kamaliiiii! You're getting late for Chemistryyyy!!!"

She swatted her hand away.
"Okay momma! Sheesh! Give me a break would ya?"

"Oh I will never give you a break!"

"I was afraid of that..." She let her friend drag her away to the Chemistry lab.

-^-***

"Do I really need to go for tuition?" I whined as my mom took me to the institute to register for a class.

"Of course you do. You're doing A/Ls now. And I've heard from Thamasha that this teacher is really good." She answered filling out the admission form. "If you don't like this class we'll look for a different one."

After a long 15 minutes of waiting in line, they completed the admission process and Kamali was headed to the class.

She entered the hall to be it filled to the brim. She had a vague memory about her and her brother conversing about classes like this. There had to be about a thousand kids here. Normally she would've sat somewhere in the front, but the back seats were more inviting. She settled in a block of benches off to the far left that was on a level that was a step above the normal level. It was somewhat in the middle of the hall.

She kept her stuff next to herself on the bench when a voice spoke up next to her. She looked up to see a slightly shorter girl with short black hair who wore glasses.

"Is there anyone else here?" She asked looking down at her.

"No. You can come and sit."
Kamali answered and scooted to the middle as the other girl sat next to her.

"I'm Sasuni. Nice to meet you." She said taking out her books.

"Kamali. Nice to meet you too."

-^-***

"You can't keep up this rebellious attitude of yours."
She never thought she'd turn out like this...

"Why not? I do what I want, when I want to, how I want to!"
She didn't want to answer to anyone...

"Please... Sweety, why don't you understand? Don't you want a single friend?"
She used to be a happy girl who wanted a lot of good friends...

"Why do I? I'm happy the way I am. I have good grades, and my classmates like me. Why can't you be happy with how I am?"
She had changed, and she knew it...

"This isn't you... you've been spiralling out of control lately. You're not my daughter... my daughter would never hesitate to help a friend."
She wondered what happened to her good nature...

"Well then, you're wrong mom. I've always been like this. You've never realized this until now."
No one knew what she felt...

"Kamali please, talk to Thamasha at least once..."
They used to be best friends...

"I can't mom! And you know that... Or maybe you don't! I  DON'T CARE!

She never wanted to be like this anyway...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Word count: 715

Date published: 25/04/2020

Whew! It's been a long time since I've updated this. I finally got over my somewhat writer's block and managed to organize my ideas.

I hope you like the italics part. I'm hoping to add them to some chapters. Basically they're the memory dreams that Kamali has.

Feel free to ask any questions or anything actually regarding the story.

And since a lot of y'all are in quarantine or have curfew or any of those what not due to Covid 19... please stay safe! Don't do anything unnecessary and always follow safety measures!

Don't forget to comment and vote!

Love yourself and everyone close to your heart!

-CPR🎶-