Chapter Eleven

A Round Trip to Love V2 C11
April 10, 2020Megajive
Yi Chen is determined to leave the hospital, he wanted to be home; even though he can only lie around the house but perhaps he is reminded less of his disability without hospital personnel tending to him. He can then delude himself into believing that he is simply too tired to move and the numbness in his legs will eventually wear itself off, so this current inconvenience is only temporary.

One night, I took over the duty of accompanying him. Qin Lang had reached a latter stage of burnout, personally taking care of his every needs night and day. He must feel personally responsible in monitoring Yi Chen 24/7, keeping an eye on him at all times. Whatever he wants he will fetch it for him, wherever he wants to go, he will carry him there.

We laid side by side on the small bed in his bedroom, I encircled my arms around him in a firm hug, the feel of his icy cold legs a dreary indication of his unusually low body temperature. The comforting bodily warmth that he used to provide me with during the previous winter is gone.

"Yi Chen, you will recuperate and get better." I tucked his head in my chest, this was what he did for me back then, even though he is the younger brother.

"Qin Lang is in contact with a doctor in Tokyo about your condition, he is optimistic that you will see an improvement as soon as you begin treatment ........"

He responded with a barely audible "Mm", his slender body in my arms not moving an inch, his back curled up like a child.

I caressed the hair on the top of his head to smooth away his rising tremors: "You will get better, don't be scared ......... I will be with you all the way, until you fully recover ........."

He did not speak, but the arms wrapped around my back squeezed a fraction tighter. A dampness spreads across the warmth of his face pressed against my chest, a warmth so potent it wrenched its way into my heart cavity.

Yi Chen, is there something you want to say?

"I am not scared." He spoke slowly, "I am just not used to it, my legs does not feel like it belongs to me, no matter how I hit it, it doesn't hurt, even when it bleeds, it doesn't hurt ...... It feels so strange, it is clearly connected to your body, but you can't communicate with it at all. It used to be an integrated part of you, so indispensable, but now they are just a pair of cumbersome objects ...... Brother ...... I don't want a pair of useless legs ...... I want to get rid of them, I want an amputation ......"

"What silly things are you on about." I placed my hands on his legs fearfully, "Why would you say they are useless, I told you they will get better. Oh yes, didn't they say massages can help in blood circulation and this will speed up recovery? Here, I'll help you ......"

I too know that this sort of haphazard massaging without proper methodology is pretty much useless. However, when everyone's hands are tied and powerless, doing something still beats doing nothing. All I am able to do for him right now is to keep him warm in my arms on a cold night, holding back my own tears as I massage his paralyzed legs with effort.

"Brother." His body tensed up.

"Mmm?" I am still pressing down on his thighs focused on guessing at the acupressure points, my mind devoid of other thoughts.

"You can stop massaging me."

I raised my head to look at him, my younger brother opened his eyes wide staring up at the ceiling, a bitter smile spread across his face and he continued with a hoarse voice, "Brother, don't touch me anymore."

I looked at my clumsy hands blaming them for their inefficiency: "It's OK Yi Chen, although I may not be doing it correctly, but ...... even so, give it some time, there ...... there might be benefits ...... it's ok if you can't feel anything now, soon ...... very soon it will get better ......"