𝐏 𝐑 𝐎 𝐋 𝐎 𝐆 𝐔 𝐄

In a kingdom far in the south where the grass was green as ever, swaying as the wind breezed through them. The sky as blue as a shining sapphire stretched above the heavens in which the clouds, floating up above moved and filled up the sky as if it was a blank canvas that needed to be filled in.

People were whispering among themselves with curiosity and awe, filling up the streets of their small village as The Kingdom of Seorabeol had received the news that their queen had given birth to a healthy son. The news was received well by the people as they respected and adored the King and Queen of their beloved land, and to hear the queen finally giving birth to their future king delighted them all.

Inside the grandiose palace, the columns were standing high and mighty to hold the grander roof in its place, the walls painted to perfection as the whole palace seemed to scream 'royalty' at the commoner's face.

In one of the rooms laid a bedridden queen, when the exhaustion from giving birth started kicking in. Sweating furiously as the labor seemed to have lasted for about two excruciating hours, she only sighed in relief as she heard the cries and wails of her child in the arms of one of her handmaidens.

"Your highness, your child is beautiful" the handmaiden said in awe as she wiped the newborn's face softly with cloth, with the help of the other handmaidens in the room.

The queen smiled as she stretched out her arm, wanting nothing but to hold her own child into her own arms, to feel her child's warmth against her own skin "Let me see him" she said weakly, still too tired after everything but hearing her child crying gave her strength.

The handmaiden nodded and gently laid the crying newborn into the queen's arm. The queen felt her heart melt seeing her son's face, soon she found her tears streaming down her face as if it was a river with strong waters, impossible to stop with force but will calm down in precious time.

"He's beautiful" she said, feeling absolutely euphoric seeing how healthy and lively her son was. She caressed her hand on her son's cheek, crying even more as she felt how soft it was under her touch. She turned to her handmaidens, asking "Where is my husband? Where is the king?"

The head of the handmaidens replied to the queens question "We have informed him already, your highness. He will be here shortly"

And as the words left the handmaidens mouth, the grand doors to the room suddenly opened as the king rushed in to kneel beside his wife and just like his wife, he too was already crying as he saw the face of his child, his son, the future ruler, the future king of his kingdom.

"He's wonderful" the king said proudly with love in his eyes.

The queen let out a heartfelt laugh as the king took their child into his arms, cooing at his son as the newborn started to calm down from his father's warmth and his mother's sweet whispers. The queen took a hold of her son's hand and held on to it lightly as she looked at her husband.

"What shall we name him?" she asked.

The king smiled, as he already decided what to name his son who will become his pride and joy.

"Taejun, his name shall be Taejun. Kim Taejun"

Years have passed when the birth of the young prince was announced and as the name of the future king was proudly revealed by the king that day, the people celebrated as they chanted out the name of the young prince who will reign over them one day. As they wished the young prince a healthy and long life, they also wished that when the time comes one day, he will become a great ruler just like his father is today.

At the age of six, he grew into a fine young boy who was raised well by his grandmother and his beloved mother as his father was always busy. But even though his father's day was filled with political issues and duties he had to manage, he still manages to find a way to spend time with his son.

But growing up mostly with his grandmother at his side, he was taught many things others would think were useless for a future king to know. Because of his grandmother, the young prince took an interest in growing radiant flowers.

He loved to see how a single seed could blossom into something so beautiful and delightful. The bright colors of the different flowers he had in his garden looked as it came straight out of a painting as it colored the dull and gray life of the prince.

As the prince grew up with strict teachings he found his life quite boring as the only thing he kept hearing growing up was lectures and lessons from people who had high expectations of him but yet took no interest in what he wanted, but solely focused on what they selfishly wanted.

Except for the gentle words of his grandmother and mother and the occasional compliments he received from his father, that was all he had heard growing up. But sitting alone in his garden with his flowers as the wind would breeze through the garden, if he listened closely it would seem like the flowers were singing to him in a lovely tune.

And it was at the age of nine was when the young prince's world seemed to darken, when a plague had spread over their kingdom. Taking countless lives as it shook everyone with fear through their core. And at the age of nine did the young prince lose his beloved mother to the plague, only hearing of the news from one of his guards as he wasn't allowed to see his mother face to face.

The news broke the young prince's heart that he refused to eat for days but was convinced by his grandmother to take care of himself as that would what his mother, the late queen, would have wanted.

His father on the other hand was completely devastated, his heart broken beyond repair as he learned the death of his wife. Blinded by sorrow, loss, and anger, that by the time the plague had ended the king desperately needed to do something to take off his mind from the grief he was experiencing. Leading the king to join in combat during a war, leaving nothing but his battle headgear as the only thing his soldiers had brought home to present to the young prince.

Just after a year the young prince lost his mother, he lost yet again someone precious to him. After the death of his mother, time had passed extremely slow to the prince as though the almighty was testing his sanity. And for that he was thankful for the warm presence he always felt at his side, it was as if the soft light of the sun when it became dawn was always beside him. Lighting his way through life was his grandmother who was there for him through thick and thin

The loss of the citizens' great king and queen had put them into a frenzy, wondering how they could continue on without their majesties reigning over them. And most of all who will lead them now that the prince was far too young to rule over a kingdom?

The question they asked was answered when the royal Eunuch made his appearance to the citizens, proclaiming to them that he will lead the kingdom to greater heights to honor the late king while also promising to raise the young prince into a wonderful king they all can praise all day without any doubts.

Seo Jooyung was a very prideful man and as the royal eunuch, he was the one who was always by the side of the king. Providing political guidance and tactical techniques that was needed for the rise for power of their kingdom. It was only natural that everyone entrusted the young prince to him, so that he could raise the prince well into a powerful king once he's older, unlike his grandmother who teaches him nothing but nonsense.

Jooyung made a promise to himself that day, a promise that he would protect the prince with all his might.

Because after all, he needed more pawns in his chess game.