𝐅 𝐈 𝐕 𝐄

When Tzuyu thinks of luxury, she thinks of having a gigantic bed of her own and owning any kind of gold material

When Tzuyu thinks of luxury, she thinks of having a gigantic bed of her own and owning any kind of gold material. And that was exactly the king's bedroom, luxurious, there wasn't much decoration in his room but the ones that we're in his room we're in one word: expensive.

She sat on the floor as she fidgetted and played with the strands of her hair out of nervousness. His majesty was sitting across from her with his ears red, his confident like persona before now seemed to be completely gone as he looked around the room acting as if he's just seen it for the first time.

The room was completely silent but the kind of silence she enjoyed. She looked at her hand and as she remembered what happened earlier, she couldn't help but smile at the memory.

Stealing a glance at him, he seemed very focused as to not look at her in the eyes and it was entertaining to watch. 

It was incredibly comfortable, at least for her, just sitting in silence where no one can bother you. If it weren't for the fact that Jinho was sitting rather awkwardly between them with his arms crossed over his chest.

Tzuyu wonders how Jinho can be this unbothered by the awkward atmosphere he set up.

"Uh–" opening her mouth to speak up, she was silenced when Jinho raised his hand.

"Your majesty" he said "She has something to say"

Tzuyu couldn't hold in her snicker as Jinho just shot her a glare and she covered her mouth so that he couldn't see her laughing at his antics.

Does he not trust me this much? She thought, clearly amused.

"Uh- yes?" said Taejun, his voice cracking. Clearly caught off guard and Jinho snorted at him which made his cheeks red "What is it?" 

"I think it's time to read what they have sent, your majesty" Tzuyu said as she motioned the scroll with her hand.

With her words, Taejun frantically reached out for the scroll that was next to him as he held it out for her to reach. Grabbing the scroll out of his hand, she pulled the red string that tied it close and the end fell open and with that she could finally what was written inside.

Looking at the chinese characters, she felt tears building up. Laying her eyes on something she was familiar with and understood well, she realized just how much she missed her home. Looking at the familiar characters, she felt as though she was home.

The way her eyes glossed with her tears and the emotion she only showed was longingness did not miss Taejun's eyes as he watched her fingers brushed over the characters lightly as if they were made of glass that would break easily. 

Taejun wanted nothing but to see her smile again.

His heart ached as he watched her.

But he couldn't think of anything to comfort her, he had never experienced what she's going through. Leaving the place you grew up, leaving behind the people you knew and loved dearly, to go to a place you we're unfamiliar with, it was a scary thing and it was exactly what she was going through.

No one spoke the language she spoke for her entire life and she has to learn a lot of things to fit in the society she was now living in. 

It must be a scary, no, a terifying experience to go through.

He saw how she read the scroll, her eyes going up and down with every line. She layed the scroll down unto her lap as she turned to face Taejun, her whole demeanour seemed much calmer than before.

"This was written by Xun Xiang, your majesty " she said "He wanted to thank you for the supplies you have given our country to support us. He was asking when the next shipment will be?"

"We will be discussing the next shipment tomorrow but as of now we ask your country to supply us as well" Taejun said, his tone of voice showed that he knew exactly how these things worked.

Tzuyu nodded, understanding well what he meant "Will you write a letter as well, your majesty? I shall assist you if you will"

"Yes, of course, it's necessary for you to be there" as he said that the tail of her lips went up a bit, but she couldn't hide her smile as she felt honored.

"Then, is the discussion over now?" Looking to her right, Jinho had his arms over on his lap as he looked back and forth at Tzuyu and then to Taejun.

Taejun stuttered unable to give a reply to Jinho's sudden question. There was nothing but silence as Taejun's heart beated faster, he didn't want her to leave, he wanted for her to stay with him. But Jinho was a reminder that he couldn't leave his responsibilies as the king of a land who's people looked up to him and trusted him with all their might.

He had duties he had to fullfil.

"Yes, she may leave us now" uttering the words out loud was somehow painful for Taejun as he looked down, unable to look her in the eyes.

He heard her take in a breath as she slowly stood up from her place "I see, but before I leave you, your majesty. I wish to tell you something" 

Swallowing, he raised his head to look at her in the eyes and for a second, it felt as though all the air in his lungs was sucked out that he was unable to breathe.

She was smiling.

Brightly so, it was mesmerizing that he just marveled at her.

"Thank you so much" she bowed at him "Our large country hasn't been doing too well, our supplies have been running low because of the bad calamities we've been facing that our crops have failed to grow. Our people have been starving, especially those unfortunate ones. But because of you, we can manage bit by bit again" 

The words came naturally out of her mouth as though she's been wanting it to say it to him for quite some time now. She lowered herself once again that her forehead was touching the cold floor.

"Thank you, your majesty. Thank you so much"

Quickly getting up, she curled her fingers around her hanbok as she brought it up a bit as she started to walk away from Taejun, not looking back at him. 

She was happy, happy that she had a chance to tell him how grateful she was that he decided to help her beloved country. To Tzuyu, he was a miracle.

"Zhao Tzuyu" 

She froze in her spot, turning around to look behind her "Y-Yes, your majesty?"

He was staring at her, his eyes filled with so many emotions that Tzuyu couldn't tell what he was thinking or feeling. But she was certain of one thing, he somehow looked as if he was at peace as they looked at each other in the eye.

"I wish for you to teach me your language"

Her eyes blinked rapidly in shock, she couldn't believe her ears "I– Are you sure?" 

"Yes, I would like to talk to you comfortably and get to know you better" he said with his voice filled with sincerity.

And the way he smiled at her made her forget everything. To the fact that he was king, and that she was only a lowly servant who didn't belong in his world.