2

The next day at work Lauren talked to the principal about taking off next week.
"If I can find a sub, can I have next week off?"
"Sure. You have not taken off work in a while and I think you need some time off."
"Thanks. I'm sure I can someone."
"You know what, I will take care of it. Just go ahead and take off. You deserve it. Your a wonderful teacher but you need a break!"
"Well thank you. That is very nice of you."
She smiled. "Your welcome. Hope you enjoy your time off. Got anything planned?"
"My best friend and I are going to California."
"Oh wow. That sounds fun."
"I've never been. I hope so."
"Well I will see you later. You better get to your class."
"Yes. Thanks again."
Lauren headed to her class. She got off. She was officially going to California now. She sent a text to Erin.
"We on! We are going to California!"
It didn't take her long to respond back.
"Yeah! We can start planning tonight and packing!"
That afternoon Lauren set her classroom up for next day and grabbed her stuff and headed to her car. On her way she heard someone call her name.
"Lauren."
"Yes."
She stopped almost at the door turned and saw Janice the Principal.
"I found you a sub. Make sure you have your lesson plan ready for Monday. She said to leave it on your desk."
"Okay. Thank you. I will work on it this week and have it Friday."
"Great. Have a great evening. I will see you tomorrow."
"Goodnight."
When Lauren arrived home Erin was in the kitchen making dinner.
"Well hey! I didn't expect you to be home yet. It smells good."
"Thanks. I was able to leave a little early. I am trying a new recipe so I hope it's good. It has to cook for about an hour so you have plenty of time to get comfy."
"Okay. I will go get a quick a shower. Be back soon."
Lauren walked to her room and looked through her drawer trying to decide what pjs she wanted to wear. She finally decided on some grey shorts and a Disney t-shirt. She got her shower singing Disney while she washed her hair and washing every where else and then rinsed. She got dressed then brushed her hair. She headed back to the kitchen.
"I love hearing you sing." Erin smiled.
"You heard me?"
"I did. You have such a beautiful voice."
"Well thanks. How much longer?"
"About 30 minutes. Would you like to watch a movie while we eat?"
"Sure. What would you like to watch?"
"Doesn't matter go pick something out."
Lauren headed into the living room and looked through the cabinet that was full of dvds. So full the doors wouldn't close all the way. She picked it out and put it in but didn't start it but got it ready.
What do you think she picked? Please comment and vote. I would love your feed back on this.