Secrets and Lies

The cable car reaches the station at the top and Dani gets out first

The cable car reaches the station at the top and Dani gets out first. She tries the door and sighs when it doesn't open. "You're shitting me." Dani says as the other two join her. "What is it?" Sam asks. "The door's not opening." Dani answers before Chris tries it. He bangs on it when it doesn't open for him either and she sees Jess come into view. "Ahh! What the hell?!" Jess exclaims.

"Jess! Hey!" Chris calls. "Jessica! Over here!" Sam yells and Dani steps aside for them to be by the door. "Uh...are you guys having a really weird stroke?" Jessica questions. "The doors locked from this end. Can you open it on your end?" Dani asks. "Can you please let us out? Pretty please?" Sam questions and she sees Jess extend her hand. The light flashes on their end and Chris opens the door before they step out.

"Oh. My. God." Chris starts as Dani leaves the shack. "I thought we were goners. Another ten minutes in there and I would have chewed off my own leg." Chris says and Dani rolls her eyes. "Aw, sick, Chris." Sam says. "Look I got a lot of meat on my bones. This is all muscle down here." Chris says. "If you consider chicken legs muscle then we're all set." Dani says and Chris grabs his chest in mock hurt.

"Ouch, Dani. At least it means you were checking out my legs." Chris says and winks at her. "Very funny." Dani says. "Bwip!" Chris says as he reaches down before swiping an envelope from Jessica's hand. "Hey!" Jess protests. "Well, well, well...what do we have here?" Chris says as he examines the envelope. "Chris!" Jess protests again. " My goodness. Seems that someone has a lil' crush on our good friend and dear class president Michael Munroe." Chris says.

"Chris—" Sam starts. "Aaaand...what kind of sizzling erotica might our Jessica be capable of imagining I wonder?" Chris says and Dani sighs. "Whatever it is it's not our business." She says before snatching the letter back. "Here. Chris was dropped on his head as a child one too many times and seems to have forgotten his lesson on manners." Dani says. "Hey. Don't be rude." Chris says and she smirks.

"You reap what you sow, Hartley." Dani retorts and winks at him. "Touché. My apologies, Jess." Chris says. "It's okay. Mike and Em split. We're together." Jess says and Dani looks at her in surprise. "Whoa. Drama." Chris says. "Not really. Pretty clear cut, actually. Em's out, I'm in." Jess says. "Huh." Sam says. "Now that we know that tidbit of information what do you say we head to the lodge?" Dani questions.

"Yeah. I'm getting tired of all this nature and junk." Chris says and Dani rolls her eyes. "You really chose the wrong place to come to. Let's go." Dani says. "You guys go ahead, I'm just gonna wait here for a bit and see who else is coming." Jess says. "You mean, Mike?" Chris questions. "What? I mean, you know." Jess says and Dani rolls her eyes. She goes to stand beside Sam near the fence overlooking the mountain.

"Beautiful view isn't it?" Dani questions and Sam looks at her. "Yeah. Sometimes I forget to just stop and take it all in." Sam says before Chris stands beside them. "Ready to go, ladies?" Chris questions and Dani nods. "After you." Dani says before they walk to the path. "Do you think everyone else besides Mike is already at the lodge?" Sam questions a little while later. "Yeah. You two were last to arrive." Chris says before there's a noise to their right.