Hold Your Breath

Chapter warnings: Violence and swearing

Dani and Mike start walking down the decrepit hall. He shines the flashlight around and they keep walking until they reach the larger room. They head to the stairs and go further into the sanatorium. "Never thought I would be back in this place." Mike says and she can't help but smirk. "You and me both. Although this isn't the first sanatorium I've been in and definitely not the first abandoned one." She says.

"Because of your job?" Mike questions and Dani nods. "Yeah. They're not really any better the second time around either." She says as they enter the room Mike found her in. "Holy shit." Mike says and they head to the cage, it definitely looked different than the first time she was here. "What happened to the wolves?" Mike asks. "What I was going to ask you. I think we can get in there from above. There's a hole." She says before heading to the stairs.

Dani goes up the stairs with Mike on her heels before heading to the end. She sees the hole and sits on the ground before dropping down into it. She moves away so Mike could drop down but she didn't move far enough away. He slightly knocks into her and she stumbles back. One of his arms wraps around her and the other hand cups the back of her head. They hit the cage wall and it jangles before she looks up at him. She could still feel the electricity that seemed to be between them. At least on her end.

"Thanks." Dani says as she moves away from him and heads to the workbench. "Think you can use this?" She asks as she sees the sawed-off shotgun. Mike picks up the torch and turns it over in his hand. "Now I just need a pitchfork and a mob." He says and she can't help but smile. "Suits you." She teases as she grabs the flashlight. "Funny." He says as he grabs his lighter. Mike lights the end of the torch, illuminating the place with fire.

He also stuffs shells into his pockets and she does the same before he grabs the gun. "Let's go." Dani says before going to the door and opening it. They go back into the main room and head to the other side. They go to the door on the right first since it was already open. They walk to the end where there's a large gaping hole in the wall. Dani gets assaulted by the cold air as she goes outside. "Are those graves?" Mike asks and she nods.

"Looks like it." Dani says as she walks up to the crosses. She turns on the flashlight and shines it on the crosses. "Adam White, Charles Miller, and Evelyn Daniels." Mike reads out. "February 24th, 1952. They all have same date of death." Dani says. "I think those are the names I saw in the morgue." He says and she looks at him. "They might be the first victims." She says and he runs his free hand through his hair.

"Shit. Let's find Josh and get back to the others." Mike says. "Yeah." Dani says before walking back into the building. They go back into the main room before Mike goes to the other door. "I've got this." He says and she grabs his arm as he raises the gun. "Save your ammo." Dani says before bending in front of the lock. She grabs the lock-pick from the inside of her jacket before starting to pick the lock.