Game of Survival

Chapter warning: Swearing, violence, and death

"Let me in! Let me in!" Dani hears Emily yell. "Is that—?" Ashley questions and Dani runs past her. "It's Em!" Sam yells. "Let her in! Quick!" Chris yells and she's already at the door before opening it. "Shut the door! Oh my God—Shut the door!" Emily yells as she falls in before crawling in. Dani closes the door and locks it as the others help Emily up. "Em, are you alright?" Chris asks.

"I didn't think that I'd make it—" Emily says as Dani follows behind them. "You were screaming bloody murder." Chris says. "Are you okay?" Sam asks. "There was something—" She says and that perks her interest. Josh would have already been here playing out his so-called prank. "Where's Matt? Did you guys split up?" Ashley asks as they get her to sit. "Emily, what did you see?" Dani asks. "A monster—It's a monster—!" Emily says and She crouches in front of Emily.

"What are you talking about?" Chris asks. "I said there is something out there—" Emily asks. "Ash, relax. It was Josh, it was all Josh—" Sam says. "No, no, no, listen to me." Emily says. "We got him tied up, he can't hurt you." Sam says as Dani observes Emily, she didn't seem like that was all. "No, it was after me and it wasn't human!" Emily yells and Dani crouches in front of her. "Em, tell me what you saw." She tells her.

"We were climbing up the tower and it fell. The whole tower just fell! Right into the mines—" Emily starts. "Whoa, whoa, whoa, what mines?" Chris asks and Dani glance at him before back at Emily. "Let her finish." Dani says and Emily nods. "There are these mine shafts all over, running under everything. When the tower fell we ended up down there." She says. "How did the tower fall?" Dani asks her.

"I was walking down there, in the mines, and it was dark and I found this pile and there was Beth's head!" She hysterically says. "Wait, what?" Chris questions. "Beth's head, I found it." Emily repeats. "Oh my God!" Ashley says. "What the fuck?" Chris says. "Are you serious?" Sam questions. "But the worst part is I don't think Hannah died, like, from the fall. Not right away." Emily says and Dani lets that sink in.

If Dani had gone after them would she had been able to prevent it or find them? But she knew she couldn't change anything, no matter how much she wanted it to. "What? What do you mean?" Ashley asks. "I don't know...I feel like she was down there...like starving to death...for weeks when we were all up here looking for her...we had no idea!" Emily says and Dani stands. "Jesus." Her and Chris says at the same time as she runs her hands through her hair. "Emily, what else happened?" She asks.

"In the tower there was a radio and I—I got through to someone—but that was right when the tower collapsed." Emily says and Dani sees movement before she looks and sees Mike running in. "Em! You made it!" He says before hugging her and Dani sighs. "Oh God Mike!" Emily says. "What about Matt?" Mike asks. "We're trying to figure that out." Dani tells him and he looks at her.

"And there was this monster that was chasing her." Chris says and Dani moves in front of Emily. "What did you see? You said you saw something. What took out the tower?" She asks. "She's all messed up." Mike says and Dani glances at him before back at Emily. "Emily, tell me what you saw. I'll believe you." She tell hers. "Dani, what are you doing?" Mike asks. "Let her talk." She answers before hearing banging on the door.