« Nine »

Things seemed to finally settle down once we were back at the hotel

Things seemed to finally settle down once we were back at the hotel. A huge wave of relief washed over my body as I tried to push the memory of the hospital lights out of my mind. Julia was going to be okay. We were all relieved when we finally put her in her bed for the night. The doctors had told us she would need to sleep it off.

An awkward silence filled the room. Everyone sitting around as if they had something they needed to say. I was still fuming though. Trying to relax with every breath I took.

"I still can't believe we let her go with that man," Aria cries. "How could we let her just walk away with a stranger!" Breygan avoided her, his head in his hands.

"Why did you guys let her drink at all?" I question, my brain trying to figure out how many drinks they had in the very short amount of time we were there. It felt like time flew by. Breygan had one drink in his hand and suddenly the three of them were too drunk to function. "This is why I told you not to drink any of your drink," I mutter to Staton.

"He didn't drink any of his?" Breygan looks up for the first time since we had gotten back to the hotel.

"No I didn't, because we shouldn't have been there in the first place. It wasn't the night to party man!" Staton's temple began to flare, he lunged forward just slightly glaring at Breygan. I knew he felt guilty for all of this. Beating himself up that he wasn't able to protect me from all these moments. These were life-changing events.

"Julia almost got raped tonight Breygan and you are fucking worried about if Staton drank any alcohol? What the hell is wrong with you!" My blood was boiling. Breygan leaned back in his seat, wiping his face with his hands. A loud groan leaves his lips.

"It wasn't my fault okay!" He shouts, jumping up from the couch as his face changed to the deepest shade of red.

"It was mine," Aria muttered, her voice cracking, a hiccup cutting her off, the tears pouring down her face like a river. "The man approached me first, and I pushed her into going with him, he handed her the drink. She never had any of our alcohol. She knew you were watching her and didn't like it. She ran away from home to be her own person and said you've been doing nothing but watching over her like a hawk since. She just wanted a minute to be alone." Aria shook her head.

"She thinks I've been overbearing, by caring, by wondering why she left her parent's house in the first place!" I couldn't believe what they were saying. It wasn't fair for Aria to put the blame on me.

It wasn't fair for Breygan to act as if it was all Aria's fault either.

"You guys have some serious issues to work out, and right now I feel like you two are fuckin' perfect for each other!" I began to pace. Tracing the living room with every movement. What the hell were we supposed to do now?

I thought the shooting was bad, I thought I would have a few days to be able to process those emotions before we had to immediately work on a whole new problem. I couldn't do this anymore.