« Ten »

A few days had passed since the steamy night where Staton had suggested we get married

A few days had passed since the steamy night where Staton had suggested we get married. My heart couldn't have been happier. We've been together for four years and there was nothing that could go wrong with it. I smiled to myself, soaking in the sunshine allowing my thoughts to drift with the ocean breeze.

I could hear seagulls in the background, their wings flap as they try to stay afloat in the air. Music tugs along at the sky, as kids laugh in the distance. It was late in the season, so not too many people were hanging out on the beach. The girls and I had decided we needed a day just the three of us.

Staton and Breygan had offered to go get groceries. None of us wanted to go to the store but we needed food. Now that we were in our new place it was time to get a little more settled. We had rented an Airbnb for the next couple of weeks so that we could decide if we wanted to stay here or move on to another town. Staton and I opted to keep moving, while the others were dreaming of some normalcy.

"Look at him!" Aria shouts, pointing towards a topless man in a speedo walking his dog on the beach. I roll my eyes, looking over my left shoulder towards her.

"You think that's actually his dog or just a way for him to pick up chicks on the beach?" I question, pulling my attention away from the man and back to the waves. They were large and smooth, crashing against the sand in a rhythmic motion. Pulling all the worries out of the earth.

"He got the dog, just so he could pick up chicks for sure," Julie laughs, her hair pulled up in a high ponytail, the straps of her bikini tucked under her arms so she wouldn't have any tan lines.

"He'd be a total creep if he was renting a dog daily just to come out here." Aria laughs, flipping the page in her magazine.

"Maybe it's his mom's and he steals the dogs to get out of the basement for a change?" Julia places her hand over her mouth as if she had said something super dirty. I roll my eyes, laughing at the two idiots.

A small dark haired girl walks up to him wrapping her arms around him. He leans down, kissing her on the lips, before they interlock hands and continue walking down the beach.

"Nope, both wrong, he is actually a normal guy and that's his wife." I couldn't have but laugh, as the girls sigh. They weren't very good at people watching.

"Whatever," Aria looks back at her magazine for just a moment before flipping it around to show us an article. "You see this here, the royal wedding dress. Ugh I can't wait until I can go wedding dress shopping." Aria was the most interested in fashion out of all of us, her head was always dreaming up some new outfit or way to do her hair.

"Let me see that!" Julia reaches across me trying to grab the magazine. "Oh that's cute!" She squeals, turning her attention to me.

"When are you and Staton going to get married?" She questions, pushing the magazine back towards Aria. My jaw drops. My heart started to pound. Staton and I had talked a little bit more about getting married after we had taken care of some of our other needs, but we hadn't quite yet picked out a date. It seemed like we were going to go with the courthouse wedding and just get it taken care of.