I Leave My Kids To You, Sensei!

Kakashi's POV

I sighed as I looked up at the clear, blue sky. My body has become weak and I'm just not who I used to be back then. Being a hokage was tough work and I didn't have time to catch up with my Icha-Icha series. Good thing I've retired and theres a much better hokage out there.

I actually planned to visit Obito's grave today and stroll around the park. But I recieved a call from my student, Naruto who is now the 7th hokage. He said that it was something urgent and only something his sensei could do. I wondered as I walked. Why would Naruto need from an old man who lacks power and strength? As I head up the stairs leading to the hokage office, it brought back memories as to how I worked there for many years. I used to dread walking up these stairs but now, they bring back feelings of nostalgia.

I reached the door and knocked. I heard Naruto saying "Come in!" so I opened and saw Naruto busy doing something on his laptop. The ninja world has changed so rapidly these days that I can't even catch up to the latest technology anymore. "Oh, Kakashi-sensei!" said Naruto with a smile.

"You look really tired, Naruto"

"It's alright. The perks of being a hokage" grinned Naruto.

"So, you said you had something urgent for me?" I asked.

"Yeah. Hinata and I have to visit the feudal lords for a week so I don't have anyone to take care of my children" The moment I listened Naruto's words, I sighed.

"So, you want me to take care of them?"

"Please Kakashi-sensei!" pleaded Naruto.

"For one whole week?"

"Yes, don't worry Kakashi-sensei! I've got the money and instructions all ready for you at my house!" said Naruto as he handed me his house keys.

"Naruto. I can't possibly take care of your kids..."

"I know you can Kakashi-sensei! I leave my kids to you!" said Naruto with a smile.

"I just have to feed them and make sure they are safe right?" I sighed.

"Yeah, Hinata wrote a bunch of stuff for you. I think she left it on the fridge.."

"Make sure you come back exactly one week." I sighed.

"Don't worry Kakashi-sensei! Boruto and Himawari-chan will be happy that you're taking care of them!" grinned Naruto.

I sighed as I left the office, staring at the house keys on my hand. "This is going to be troublesome" I mumbled as I headed off to Naruto's house. His house was located far away from the office, it was surrounded by nature. I guess he wanted his kids to grow up perfect and healthy. I reached the gate and insert a key into the hole.

There was a large creaking sound as I entered the porch. It was very spacious, filled with greenery and flowers probably planted by Hinata. It was then I heard the sound of a glass door opening.

"Tou-chan?" mumbled a boy with blonde hair with whiskers. It was Boruto.

"I'm not your Tou-chan. But, I'm your babysitter for the rest of the week." I said.

"Huh? Who are you?" said Boruto in a suspicious tone as he examined me.

"Nii-chan, who is that?" I see a young girl running up to Boruto and hiding behind him. It was Himawari.

"Your father asked me to take care of you because your papa and mama won't be back home for a whole week." I said. Suddenly, I could see Boruto's face turning sullen.

"Stupid Tou-chan, leaving us again" mumbled Boruto as he headed back into the house.

"You are our babysitter? Not for a day, but a whole week?" asked Himawari as she stared at me with her big, blue eyes.

"Y-yes I am.."

"Well, come on in!" said Himawari cheerfully as she pulled my hand along to lead me inside.

I wondered whether I could really babysit these two by myself. And it wasn't for one day, but a whole week. This is going to be slightly troublesome...