Kakashi's First Day

Kakashi stared at the piece of note that Hinata left hanging on the fridge. It contain all the information needed to take care of Boruto and Himawari. They have finished their dinner and started playing by themselves in the living room.

"So Boruto starts his academy class at 8am and finishes at 1pm.." mumbled Kakashi as he carefully read through. He sighed as he was thinking that he turned into a housewife all of the sudden. It was now 8pm at night and the children were still wide awake, running around the living room.

"I am the ninja now! Catch me Hima-chan!" yelled Boruto as he jumped over the couch.

"Just you wait Nii-san!" giggled Himawari as she struggled to climb over. She was just 3 years old and she was rather tiny.

'Don't run around after you eat. You might get an upset stomach after that." said Kakashi as he helped Himawari onto the couch. Boruto then grinned at Kakashi and yelled "Old man's the catcher now!" as he ran over to the table.

"Huh, wait what?" Kakashi turned around and saw Himawari hiding behind Boruto.

"How fast did you run?" smiled Kakashi as he decided to play along.

Soon after a few rounds of playing tag, Boruto and Himawari soon got tired.

"Old man..You aren't that bad...in playing tag..." mumbled Boruto as his eyes slowly closed.

"Young kids should sleep early" smiled Kakashi as he held Himawari who was already fast asleep, tired from the game.

Kakashi went upstairs first and put Himawari to bed in her small room, decorated with stuffed plushies and cute toys. Then, Kakashi went down to get Boruto. Boruto was slightly heavier and struggled to get out of Kakashi's hands even though he was asleep. He then proceeded to put Boruto to bed in his own room decorated with posters and ninja tools.

With the two kids soundly asleep, Kakashi sat at the couch and sighed. Taking care of one kid was tiring enough, but two would be exhausting. He looked around the living room and found a picture frame of Boruto and Himawari when they were just toddlers. Kakashi smiled as he was happy for Naruto that he has raised a wonderful family.

~X~

Morning has risen in Konoha and Kakashi is already up. He just came back from the 24-hour convenience store to buy bread for the kids to bring to school. He definately couldnt cook breakfast nor make lunches for them.

"Wake up Boruto, you've got to attend academy today" said Kakashi as he removed his blanket.

"Go away old man.." mumbled Boruto as he turned around and slept again.

"What am I gonna do with you" sighed Kakashi.

"Good morning Kakashi-san!" said Himawari as she crept behind Kakashi.

"Oh, Himawari. You're awake really early!" said Kakashi. Himawari smiled.

"Nii-san needs to go to the academy right? I'll wake him!" said Himawari as she jumped onto Boruto's bed. She then held both of Boruto's ears and pulled it, hard.

"Wakeeee uppp niii-sann" said Himawari as she grinned, pulling his ears.

"That huuurttts!!" yelled Boruto as he jolted up instantly. Himawari giggled as she pulled Boruto's arm.

"Alright, alright! I'm up!" groaned Boruto as he slowly walked to the bathroom to clean himself up.

Soon, the two kids were ready. Kakashi gave them buns to eat on the way to the academy.

"See you later nii-san!" said Himawari as she saw her brother off at the academy.

~X~

After dropping Boruto off at the academy, Kakashi was left alone with Himawari.

"So, where do we go next Himawari?" asked Kakashi.

"To the Yamanaka flower shop! I need to get a fresh set of sunflowers for Uncle Neji!" smiled Himawari.

"Your uncle Neji huh?" smiled Kakashi as he touched Himawari's hair.

There was a clear difference between the two Uzumaki kids. The son was a wild, energetic individual while the daughter was a sweet and caring little girl. It was like the exact copies of their parents.

Soon, they arrived at the graveyard. Himawari headed straight towards Neji's grave and replaced the flowers from yesterday with the ones she bought today. However, she noticed Kakashi was not with her. She looked around and saw him at someone else's grave.

She went over to Kakashi and saw a grave with the name "Uchiha Obito" on the carving.

"Was he your friend?" asked Himawari.

"A very important one" smiled Kakashi. Suddenly, Hinawari placed a sunflower on Obito's grave.

"May the sunflowers keep you company Mr.Obito" said Himawari as she kneeled down to pray. Kakashi smiled at the sweet innocence of Himawari. She was truly a cute little treasure.

"Well Himawari-chan, where would you like to go next?" asked Kakashi.

"Kakashi-san, what about you? Don't you have anywhere you want to go?" asked Himawari.

"Yes, I do but you are too young to go there yet" smiled Kakashi as he planned to visit the bookstore to catch up on the Icha-Icha Paradise series. It was definately not something a child should read.

"Too young? I'm old enough Kakashi-san! Take me there!" said Himawari.

"Um..." gulped Kakashi nervously.