The Afterstory

This is now set two years after the story.

On a sunny afternoon in Konoha, Kakashi is busy relaxing on a bench, quietly reading his Icha-Icha series. He's gotten used to being Boruto and Himawari's godfather. He realized that work has become less harder ever since Boruto graduated from the Academy. He is now a genin under Team 7 by Sarutobi Konohamaru. As for Himawari, she has now been enrolled in the Academy. Choucho, Shikadai and Inojin were now genins in Team 10 under the supervision of Sarutobi Mirai.

"The sky is so blue today" sighed Kakashi as he stared at the sky. He knew he's been getting old these days and he couldn't do much than what he could do 10 years ago.

"Kakashi-san!" shouted Himawari from afar as she ran towards Kakashi. She was now slightly taller than before, her hair was still short as she wore a yellow blouse with orange prints on it.

"Oh Himawari-chan! Class is over already?" smiled Kakashi.

"Yup! Today I learnt a new technique at school today!"

"What is it called?"

"It's creating a clone of myself! I find it pretty scary at first to see another me but I slowly got used to it."

"Oh? Show me. I want to see how many clones you can create."

"Here it goes! Kage Bunshin no Jutsu!" said Himawari as she formed seals. Four clones appeared around her before disappearing into smoke.

"You must've got your large chakra storage from your father." smiled Kakashi.

"Hehe, Kakashi-sensei let's go watch onii-chan! I heard he was doing some training under Konohamaru-sensei!" smiled Himawari as she grabbed Kakashi's hand.

"Alright, let's see what Boruto's doing."

~X~

At a forest somewhere near Konoha, Boruto and Sarada are seen forming hand seals as they struggle to float on the water.

"Remember what I said, chakra control!" said Konohamaru as he carefully watched them.

"Focus....focus..." mumbled Boruto as he strained all his chakra before falling into the river. Sarada however managed to stand on top of the water for a long period of time.

"Boruto! Do it again!" said Konohamaru.

"The water is so cold dattebasa..." shivered Boruto as he headed back to focus on his chakra.

"Boruto, don't channel all of your chakra to your feet." advised Sarada as she continued to stay on top of the water.

"Got it!" replied Boruto as he tried to balance himself on the water.

In the far corner of the forest, Kakashi and Himawari are seen crouching under a bush as they watched their training.

"Let's not disturb them" whispered Kakashi.

"Alright, let's go to papa!" whispered Himawari as she nodded.

The two silently crept out of the forest, hoping to not make any noise. Finally, they headed to the Konoha Tower where the hokage's office was. However, as soon as they arrived there was a huge number of shinobi outside.

"Excuse me, are you here to visit the hokage?" asked one of the hokage's assistant.

"Yes, is he not available at the moment?" asked Kakashi.

"He is currently having a meeting with the officials from Suna. Do you have anything important to meet him?" asked the assistant.

"Yes, I want to see my papa!" smiled Himawari.