The Uchiha Kid

"Kakashi-san! Why can't I go to this place you want to go?" asked Himawari as she tightly grasped Kakashi's left hand, following wherever he lead her.

"You will know once you've grown up. Now, let's get some ice cream shall we?" smiled Kakashi nervously. He didn't knew Himawari was such a quick-witted kid.

"Ice cream huh? I want strawberry!" smiled Himawari as if she has completely forgetten about it.

"Strawberry huh? Alright, Kakashi-san will get it for you." said Kakashi as he breathed a sigh of relief.

The two continued to walk along the markets of Konoha before arriving at a candy store. Outside was an ice cream vendor that was definately crowded with a lot of kids. It was before long until Kakashi managed to buy a strawberry-flavoured ice cream for Himawari. The two then sat at the corner on top of an empty bench. Himawari ate her ice cream quietly as Kakashi sighed and observed the sky.

"Oh? Sarada-san!" shouted Himawari happily as she waved her hand over.

Kakashi turned around and saw a young girl with red glasses walking towards them. Her eyes were like a hawk's just like someone familiar, his former student Uchiha Sasuke. He has heard stories as to how Uchiha Sarada was becoming more like her father everyday. She constantly excelled in academic and physical subjects, the top student at school.

"Good morning Kakashi-san, Himawari-chan" greeted Sarada as she bowed.

"Sarada-san! Has academy class finish already?" asked Himawari.

"Yeah, about five minutes ago." smiled Sarada.

"Then, where's my onii-chan?"

"Oh, he's been reprimand to clean up the school as punishment for pulling a prank on one of the teachers." smirked Sarada.

"I wonder what awesome prank onii-chan pulled today" smiled Himawari.

"Himawari, you shouldn't follow your brother's examples" warned Kakashi.

"But, it's cool!" pouted Himawari.

"By the way Kakashi-san, why are you with Himawari-san?" asked Sarada as she fixed her glasses.

"Her father asked me to take care of her." smiled Kakashi.

"I wonder why my mother didn't offered to take care of them.." mumbled Sarada.

"Sarada-chan! Let's go and play!" smiled Himawari as she threw away her now, empty ice cream stick into the bin.

"Alright then! Kakashi-san, I'll make sure Himawari-chan gets home before the sun sets!" said Sarada as she held onto Himawari's hands and went off. Kakashi saw them off and sighed.

"Handling kids is quite tiresome" sighed Kakashi as he finally had time for himself. He stared at the sky, thinking of the past. The days when he was a sensei for Naruto, Sakura and Sasuke and the days when he was the sixth hokage.

"I heard you became a babysitter Kakashi" chuckled a familiar voice. Kakashi turned around and it was his good old rival, Gai.

"Don't even say a thing." sighed Kakashi.

"Well, I think its a good thing for you. Gotta experience some youthfulness these kids have y'know? After all, I can't." said Gai as he pushed his wheelchair closer to Kakashi.

"Well, I don't think we have to worry about the next generation of ninjas anymore"

"They are all in good hands indeed. Especially since the world has gotten really peaceful."

The two old rivals shared a talk filled with nostalgic memories until the sky turned orange. Kakashi had to return back to the Uzumaki household to "prepare dinner" for the two kids. Gai laughed it off saying that Kakashi might end up becoming a housewife.

However, when Kakashi arrived home. He realized that there was not two but three pairs of shoes outside the door. "Did they invite a friend over?" thought Kakashi as he entered the house. He could easily hear Boruto's scream and Himawari's giggle. He went into the living room and saw Boruto chasing Himawari while Sarada sat on the couch, watching them.

"Sarada? What are you doing here?" asked Kakashi.

"My mom said she'll be back late cause the hospital is understaffed tonight. May I eat dinner with you?" asked Sarada.

"Sure, in fact could you help me in the kitchen?" asked Kakashi.

"Sure." smiled Sarada.

"I want to cook too! Let me try! Let me try!" shouted Himawari as she ran into the kitchen.

"If Himawari's doing it, I'm gonna do it too dattebasa!!" yelled Boruto as he ran into the kitchen as well.

Kakashi sighed as he knew that too many cooks spoil the broth. He knew handling not one, not two but three kids was going to be a tough challenge. In fact, it would be a disaster once they start making a mess out of things. Kakashi sighed but he put up a smile for the kids.

"Alright, let's try to make something simple and delicious!" said Kakashi as he tied an apron to his torso.

"Let's make pasta!" said Himawari.

"No! Ramen!" grinned Boruto.

"If you keep eating ramen every day, I bet you'll turn into a fat pig." said Sarada.

"What was that?! If you eat onigiri every day, you turn into a ball!" teased Boruto.

The two then started their own insults with each other while Himawari carefully observed Kakashi cutting some vegetables. She constantly asked what vegetables he was cutting and why he was cutting them. Although it was tough to answer all of Himawari's questions, Kakashi didn't find it annoying.

"Alright. You guys want to help me right? Break some eggs into the bowl." said Kakashi as he placed a bowl and an egg carton on the table.

"Eggs?! Yosh! I'm gonna break them all dattebasa!" shouted Boruto as he ran towards the table, picking up two eggs in each hand.

"Oi, don't keep the eggs all to yourself stupid head!" said Sarada as she snatched an egg from Boruto's hand.

"Hmph! I was gonna give it to my Himawari-chan!" said Boruto as he let his tougue out before giving another egg to Himawari.

"Yay, now let's all break the eggs into the bowl!" smiled Himawari as she tapped the egg onto the table before breaking it into the bowl. Boruto and Sarada did the same however, they seemed to have competed each other by seeing how many of them could break the eggs.

"By the way, I don't need that many eggs-" Kakashi paused as he turned around to look at the situation. He sighed.

There was a huge splat of yolk on the floor and Boruto's face was smeared with egg yolk while Himawari had egg shells in her hair.

"I knew this wasn't a good idea." sighed Kakashi.