013.

316K LIKES, 24K COMMENTSnala_lyin: i need a bad bitch

nala_lyin: i need a bad bitch...

LOAD MORE COMMENTS...

username: ADDISON RAE 😳

username: if i looked like this i stg i'd never shut up

username: #nalason make it trend
= username: yea but addison doesn't like girls doe 😔 an L for all of us

username: nala what r u doing lying on a patch of grass???
= nala_lyin: having a picnic ☺️🧺 🍒

username: i know her and @addisonrae will never date but the friends to lovers excellence they would have would be too powerful
= username: amen to that 😔

username: i know her and @addisonrae will never date but the friends to lovers excellence they would have would be too powerful= username: amen to that 😔

789K LIKES, 46K COMMENTS
addisonrae: shawty the baddest!

LOAD MORE COMMENTS...

username: WAIT A DAMN MINUTE... !!!!!

username: ADDY AND NALA ARE TOGETHER RIGHT NOW WHAT
= username: so she's taking her side during the whole bryce vs. nala thing 👀 interesting ...

username: i'm not trying to be nosy or anything but their captions are too much to be a coincidence 🤔

tiktokroom: These Two! 👀❤️

brycehall: my cutie 🤍
= username: y'all hear sumn????
= username: nah, not over the sound of desperation i'm picking up 😐😐🔇

🦋

"SAY AHH!" ADDISON giggled, hand feeding cherries to the beaming brunette. nala opened her mouth, biting the fruit off of the stem.

the two were enjoying their last minute picnic, comprised of fresh cherries and a box of ice cream sandwiches addison found unopened in her freezer.

"this almost feels like a full circle moment, you know?" nala hummed to herself, never once taking her eyes off the beautiful sunset in front of her.

addison moved to sit by nala's side so that she could share the same view of the scenery as her. "how so?" addison pondered.

tilting her head to the side, nala thought before speaking again.

"it feels like last summer all over again." at that, addison whips her head around, an evident blush appearing on her cheeks.

"last summer was a mess, but i guess our situation right now isn't any better. i'm sorry i keep putting you through this, i never even realized history was repeating itself for a second time."

"i know i told you that i wouldn't be here waiting while you went out and romanced the disgustingly long line of fuckboy's in your dms, but i guess i didn't mean it because here we are again." nala's words were spiteful, but she didn't mean them that way. she moved her hand on top of addison's to symbolize that.

"luke was my high school boyfriend. he wasn't someone just randomly thirsting after me, he cared about me and i cared about him too. i just never thought you would come back into my life in the middle of it and have my whole world flipped on it's axis."

"in hindsight, i shouldn't have given you an ultimatum. i guess i just knew deep down that you were going to choose luke over me and i needed to hear the words come out of your mouth," nala gulped, shaking her head. "that doesn't mean it didn't hurt when you said it, though.

"i didn't know what to do. you were asking me to pick between my first love, the one who had already asked for my parents blessing, or to go out on a limb and run away with you after only a kiss. and when we kissed, i felt it. i wanted to. but i was afraid of what everyone else would think."

nala smiled sadly at addison's words. "then not much has changed."

"my head and my heart are at a constant tug-of-war. part of me wants to say fuck it, but the other reminds me of all of the complications."

addison opened her mouth to add more, but when she glanced over at the girl who looked so peaceful and radiant and decided against it. there was nothing she wanted to say that would allow her to ruin this moment.

"you'll never know unless you try." nala shrugged softly.

the two girls sat in silence for a while after that. nala placed her head on addison's stomach, and addison began playing with her hair absentmindedly.

for a moment, everything was still. the sun was still peaking out over the horizon, and both girls remained present in the moment wishing that they could somehow freeze time to savour it a little longer.

that is, until addison's phone began to buzz.

bryce hall
addison i swear to god if you
don't text me back.

addison <3
not now, i'm out. i'll call you later.

bryce hall
if you don't come meet me right now i'll tell the whole world your ugly little secret

addison <3
you are a disgusting human being.

bryce hall
i'm only acting this way because i care about you

addison <3
who says i care about that anymore?
go on, tell everyone. it will only
reflect back on you.

bryce hall
that's not the secret i'm referring to

bryce hall
i found something of yours in the trash

bryce hall
when the fuck was your last period?

addison <3
please

addison <3
don't say anything to anyone.

addison <3
i'm on my way

AUTHOR'S NOTE. 🦋
i have no idea where this
craziness is going, but buckle up!