016.

when addison woke up the next morning, nala was already gone.

she couldn't say that she hadn't expected this to happen. the moment she fell asleep, she knew that she would be alone when she woke up in the morning. but she wished things didn't have to be that way.

as she went about her room looking for an outfit to wear today, she noticed something in her room that hadn't been there before.

a note that was left on her beside table reading,

i'd find you in any other lifetime. N x

smiling sadly, addison tucked the slip of paper into her pocket after recieving a text from bryce letting her know he was out front.

with one parting glance around her room, she grabbed her shoes and shut the door quietly.

🦋

316K LIKES, 14

316K LIKES, 14.7K COMMENTS
nala_lyin: don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened 🕊🤍

LOAD MORE COMMENTS...

username: wise words 🥺 so well spoken queen

username: u look so pretty nal

charlidamelio: text me baby

username: is it just me but i can tell shes not okay??? her smile looks forced :(
= nala_lyin: not okay right now but i will be x

🦋

addison shuffled her feet nervously, her hand feeling stiff in bryce's as she impatiently waited for her results.

"hey, it's gonna be okay," bryce attempted at making her feel better, but the circles he was drawing on her hand with his thumb just made her all the more uncomfortable.

she tried to focus on the artificial fish tank with holographic clownfish swimming around. she tried to focus on the man next to her's foot tapping to the beat of some top 40 pop song playing quietly on the stereo.

she even tried to focus on a baby's ear-shattering cry as a young mother with bags under her eyes poorly attempted to console him. none of it worked. she could only focus on the death grip bryce had on her arm and figuratively, on her life.

"i have to go to the bathroom, be right back," she announced suddenly, practically jumping out of the stiff waiting room chair she had been sitting in and booking it to the washroom.

"okay, don't be long! i'll miss you!" he called out, making her cringe.

quickly, she booked it to the washroom and shut the door. locking herself in the stall, she prayed to god for a miracle.

as if hearing her prayer, for the first time in her life she was over the moon ecstatic to notice the fact that she had gotten her period.

addison's jaw dropped to the floor, smiling and punching the air in victory. she finished up, splashed some water on her face and walked out with the world's largest shit eating grin on her face.

"what? how is that possible?" she heard bryce from the hallway, his eyes nearly bulging out of their sockets.

"false positives, though uncommon, do happen." the doctor tried to explain as he analyzed the results confirmed that addison was indeed, not pregnant.

"damn right they do!" she cheered skipping into his view. "thank you so much doctor."

the doctor gave addison a strange look as addison grinned while bryce pouted. setting down the clipboard and documents, the doctor left them with the results and walked away slowly.

"well, this has been fun," addison cheesed, rocking back and forth on her heels in excitement. "but i'm really looking forward to never seeing you again."

"addy, you don't mean that-"

ignoring him with a dismissive wave, she started toward the clinic doors.

"i would love to stay and chat, bryce michael, but i have some phone calls to make."

and with that, addison gave his hand a light and assuring squeeze as she sauntered out the glass doors, never to look back.