014.

"i'm sorry nala, i have to go," addison says abruptly, cutting the comfortable silence in half. she swallows the lump in her throat and shakes her head softly, realizing that it was finally time for her to face reality.

nala, who's head still resting in addison's lap, turned up to face her in confusion. "what, why? i thought you cleared your schedule for the whole day," she pouted sadly.

addison couldn't meet her eyes. "i know, but something just came up. i have to deal with it separately. i'm sorry," she apologized again and this time nala sat up, watching the blonde scurry to collect her things. she doesn't say anything, but she had a terrible feeling about all of this.

"thank you for being so understanding," addison placed a small kiss on her cheek before offering a bittersweet smile and standing up to saying her goodbyes.

nalaaaa
avani

nalaaaa
where are you

voni
omw to visit anthony at sway

voni
why?

nalaaaa
come pick me up

nalaaaa
it's addison

nalaaaa
somethings up

voni
say no more

it wasn't as if nala wanted to distrust addison. she wanted to believe her words more than anything. but the blonde's secretive mannerisms paired with nala's strong intuition couldn't just be a coincidence.

it was a shame when things were just starting to get better they had to start at square one all over again. avani had picked nala up ten minutes ago, joking about how she felt like nala's own personal uber. nala laughed sweetly but didn't have the energy to force a reply. she was nervous, to say the least.

she knew addison. and she also knew how addison behaved when she had something to hide. nala just prayed it had nothing to do with bryce. she wasn't an insecure person, but when it came to addison being with bryce so soon before her made her anxious.

as they were pulling up to the house, nala took a deep breath and tried her best to prepare herself for whatever might potentially happen when she gets inside.

🦋

"bryce, i can explain," addison paced the room, wringing her hands together in search of an explanation.

"well, i'm waiting," he spoke causally, resting his head on his bed frame with his arms laying flexed behind his back. he looked completely bored, totally disinterested.

"i didn't want to say anything because i don't even know if it's true, let alone what i would want to do with it if it was,"

at this, bryce quipped an eyebrow. "you know sheri and monty. they wouldn't give you very much choice." he pointed out and addison knew he was right, but him saying it out loud only caused her to worry more.

she started walking back and forth faster, her voice picking up as she continued. "i'm not ready to be a mother, and you're sure as hell not ready to be a father. i don't understand how this could've happened. you pulled out, right?"

bryce yawned, chuckling to himself. "well yeah, but no one ever said that shit was foolproof."

"clearly not, as you're the biggest fool i know," addison scoffed, pointing her finger at him as she shook.