6

CHAPTER SIX

CHAPTER SIX

The night at the inn was interesting to say the least. After her sleigh ride with Jess, she kept to herself the rest of the night. She didn't even think about telling her brother that she was going too hang out with Jess soon.

She wanted to stop thinking about him - she wanted to stop thinking of the butterflies he gave her and she just felt a different way with him. Mia didn't often give second chances - but she was doing that.

Mia had problems sleeping through the night. Dean was snoring in the bed on the other side of the room and Clara was kicking the back of her leg next to her. She stood up, checking the time '2:30 am.'

Mia put on her glasses since her contacts were out and walked downstairs, quietly closing the door behind her - careful not to wake anyone in her family up.

When Mia walked downstairs, she noticed Rory's grandparents on the couch talking so she decided to give them their space - she walked quietly to the front porch of the inn.

Mia wasn't even sure what she would do - she just wanted to sit there. But as soon as she walked outside, she noticed Jess reading a book and looked at him with a confused face. Why was everybody awake so late?

"Oh, hey. I can go if you want me too." Jess says, closing his book, about to stand up off the swing. But Mia holds her hand out and shakes her head.

"Don't worry about it." Mia says as she raises an eyebrow at the seat next to him. He nods so she sits down.

"I didn't know you wore glasses." Jess chuckled as Mia kept looking around.

"What can I say? I'm a mystery." Mia winked as she sat down. "I usually wear contacts though." She shrugged.

"I like them." Jess smiled at her as they swung.

"Gotten anymore used to Stars Hallow?" Mia asked as she looked around at the dark air.

"It's just not my thing." Jess took a deep breath.

"Me too. So why did you get into a fight with my brother today." Mia raises an eyebrow at the boy next to her.

"I wasn't fighting him. I was fighting someone else. He jumped in on his own." Jess said with a deep breath.

"He was trying to help you." Mia said, defending her best friend.

"I think you and your brother should both get government service jobs if you two are so interested in helping people. But me, you shouldn't worry about." Jess said a little bit aggressively.

Mia threw her hands up in the air. "I'm just saying. Why were you fighting in the first place?"

"Cause Chuck Presby's a jerk." Jess said honestly, looking at Mia but she didn't notice as she was looking out to the front yard in front of the inn.

Mia turned back towards Jess "You were fighting Chuck Presby?" She chuckled as he nodded. "He is a jerk."

"This whole town is weird and full of jerks." Jess said and Mia looked at him with a confused facial expression.

"Then why are you still here?" Mia asked as her head moved a little bit towards his shoulder.

"What do you mean?" He asks, moving his arm to go around his shoulders. They just did it. They didn't talk about things. That wasn't the type of person Mia was.

"I mean if school's almost out, are you going to go back home? Not that I want you too but." Mia shrugged as she moved her head closer to his chest.

"My mom didn't want me too." Jess shook his head and Mia didn't look at his face to see how much the situation actually upset him.

"I don't believe that." Mia said, also shaking her head.

"That's your right, I guess." Jess replies, he didn't talk about his family because he didn't like to look vulnerable.

"Did Luke tell you that?" Mia asked, looking up to look at him. So maybe they were moving quick but not really. They wanted to truly get to know each other.

"Luke told me it was his idea that I should stay. It wasn't his idea." Jess said and Mia nodded, wanting to move on from the conversation at the sense of him feeling uncomfortable.

"So what are you going to do when you do leave this town?" Mia asks and he raises an eyebrow.

"Get very very far away." Jess joked and Mia rolled her eyes.

"But what are you gonna do?" Mia asked.

"I haven't really thought about it yet. What about you?" Jess responded getting a little bit tense in his body.

"Me either. I don't really think I want to go to college or anything. I'm not a big fan of school." Mis responded.

"Neither am I." Jess chuckled. They fit because they were so similar. It wasn't a matter of opposites attract.

They talked for like an hour in the middle of the pitch black night time. Until she almost fell asleep on the porch swing. Mia stood up and looked back down at Jess who was still sitting down.

"I think I'm gonna head back inside. Thanks for keeping me company." Mia smiled.

"Of course, anytime." Jess stood up and watched as Mia turned her back to walk inside. He shook out his arm that had fallen asleep while it was around Mia.

"Wait, Mia." Jess grabbed her arm and she turned to look at him. He moved both of his hands to her face and kissed her.

She felt her stomach go crazy with butterflies in it. Mia kissed him back and he moved his hands down to her waist. "I've been waiting for you to do that all night." The girl smiled.

"Me too." Jess smiled and moved his forehead to go against hers. Mia moved away a few seconds after.

"Goodnight Jess." Mia winked and Jess took a deep breath and looked down at his feet.

"Goodnight Mia." Jess responded and watched her walk back inside.

A/N : Ugh I just had to rewrite this chapter so I hope you guys enjoy! Remember to leave feedback, vote and comment! Thank you guys for reading!!

word count - 1048