10

CHAPTER TEN

CHAPTER TEN

Dean and Rory were having issues. Jess and Mia were having issues. Dean and Mia decided after everything they had been through, they needed a break. They decided to go visit their grandparents in Chicago.

Leaving Jess and Rory in town by themselves was probably asking for disaster. But this was Dean and Mia's chance to see if she could really trust them.

Jess calls Mia every night for the week she's gone until the final night. She waits up for his call but never gets it.

The next morning, Mia and Dean drive back in her SUV. Rory is waiting for them when they get back and her arm is up in a cast. Rory and Dean go into the house to talk and Mia sees Jess waiting at the bus stop at the end of the road.

She walks quickly, her ponytail flopping in the air. Jess stops at the sight of her and turns to look at her. "Mia." He states as he looks at the ground.

"What's going on? It's like a ghost town, everybody passing glances since we got back." Mia shakes her head.

"Mia. You're gonna hear a lot of things about me soon and just know, just know that I care about you." Jess looks down at her, rubbing his hand down her cheek.

"What is happening? Where are you going?" Mia shakes her head quickly, obviously upset and angry that she wasn't in the loop.

"I'm going back to my mom's. I can't fuck up Luke's life anymore." Jess shook his head.

"We're you really gonna leave without telling me?" Mia raises an eyebrow as she crossed her arms.

"Yes. Because there's no way I can get on that bus with you standing here." Jess wrapped his arm around her as he kissed her head. Their relationship was tricky but it was real. Neither of them knew quite how to act in a relationship.

"I can't do half in and half out." Mia shook her head as she stared at the ground, finding some sort of way to deal with the feelings. She wasn't too good at doing that.

"And I could never ask you too." Jess shakes his head as they both hear the train approaching. "But I did love you."

They'd never said those words before. They struggled and the time was never right. He turned around to step on the bus and she turned around to walk home, hence going their separate ways for the time being.

She walked back to the house more sluggish than before. Time had gone by way too quick in the 10 minutes or so she had been back. As she arrived at her house, she grabbed her bag out of the backseat as she walked inside.