7

CHAPTER SEVEN

CHAPTER SEVEN

The kiss that changed her life. Mia had kissed several guys before - but nothing like this. It had been about a day and a half and she hadn't told anybody yet. She hadn't even talked to Jess about it.

She hadn't even told her brother and her and Dean told each other everything. But he was too busy building his girlfriend a car.

Mia sat on her bed, working on a college application - it wasn't anything special but was required for school. She thought it was stupid that they forced college on people.

"Mia! Someone's on the phone for you!" The girl heard her mother call - she figured it could be Lindsay or one of her friends from school. She stepped down the stairs and answered the phone.

"Hello?" Mia asked in a confused tone.

"Hey you." She recognized the voice to be Jess and immediately was smiling ear to ear without noticing.

"Oh, hey Jess!" Mia said, trying to play it cool as she leaned against the wall. "What's up?" She asked.

"I told you I would take you on a date so I was wondering if you are free tonight." Jess said smoothly as she blushed on the other side of the phone.

"I guess I can make time in my schedule." Mia joked and he chuckled - he didn't usually laugh at her jokes so she took it as a win.

"I'll pick you up at 8." Jess said. "Bye Mia."

"Bye Jess." Mia smiled and hung up the phone before dialing Lindsay's number real quick, deciding for her to be the first person to know about everything. And she went on and on about Jess. She'd never felt this way before.

-

It was 8 pm and she had been getting ready for her date for about an hour. She had straightened her hair and knowing who she was with, she didn't dress up too fancy. Mia simply put a floral skirt on with a black tank top.

It was a little past 8pm and she didn't want her parents to know about the boy so she told them she would be so she waited outside. He came about 5 minutes late which was on brand for Jess.

Mia got in the passenger seat and he looked at her. "I could've been the 'come to the door' guy." He says and she rolls her eyes.

"Nobody said you had to be." Mia shook her head and buckled her seatbelt. "Where are we going?"

"Taking a trip out of town." Jess says in a mysterious tone. "That okay?" He asked

Mia chuckled. "Sure." She shrugged. They talked the whole ride there, they learned about each other's family lives and his plans for the future. She realized why Jess and Rory got along so well.

They arrived at a resturant about thirty minutes out of town. Mia and Jess both discussed how they prevented big cities over small towns and hypothetical dreams of them opening a book store together.

Afterwards, they got ice cream and walked around. Mia felt like she got to know and appreciate Jess even more that night. They were one in the same, they had similar dreams and they showed their emotions in the same way.

They got home three-four hours later, not realizing they spent as much time as they did. They pulled into her driveway and she smiled at him.

"Thank you for tonight - it was a lot of fun." Mia smiled and although he didn't do it a lot, he smiled back.

"I'm glad we got to do this." Jess responded and Mia found this the best time to bring up a question that had been bugging her.

"Hey can I ask you something?" Mia asked, looking down at Jess' hand that laid only a few inches away from her leg. He nodded so she continued. "What made you change your mind about me?"

Jess looked around the car, knowing it was coming that she would ask that at some point that night. "I guess, I just..uh, realized I shouldn't push people away."

It seemed like a scripted and kinda stupid response after all the things he said but she couldn't start a fight. Her personality caused that to happen with lots of people.

"Yeah, I understand." Mia nodded with a slight smile. He knew she was upset but there was nothing he could do about it. Neither of them wanted to put a damper on this amazing night.

"We should do this again sometime." Jess said and Mia blushed - of course she wanted to go on another date.

Mia nodded "Yeah. I would like that." She smiled and opened her door, grabbing her stuff and walking inside.

Her parents asked her how her night with friends was and she smiled and said it was great because it was.

Mia walked upstairs and into her bedroom, changing into a hoodie and sweats. She heard a knock on her door so she walked over to open it.

"What?" Mia asked when she saw it was her brother.

"We need to talk." Dean said, opening the door and pushing her slightly to the side.

"Okay come in. I didn't have any plans anyways." Mia rolled her eyes with an annoyed tone and she sits on the bed but he still stays up, clearly angry about something.

"Jess? Seriously? You went on a date with Jess?" Dean asks - so that's why he was angry.

"How do you know that?" Mia asks with a facial expression that made it hard for him to tell whether she was acting guilty or innocent.

"I saw you in his car outside my window." Dean says with a know-it-all attitude.

"Stalker much?" Mia asked. She couldn't even believe her brother was acting so crazy about this. "What's it to you? You go on dates all the time."

"Not with guys like Jess!" No one had ever caused this big of a fight between Dean and Mia - they usually told each other everything and most of all, listeners to each other.

"It's none of your business! Just because you and Rory aren't happy doesn't mean you can not let us be happy." Mia immediately regret what she said - she was just so angry that she was getting ambushed. But his look quickly turned sad and guilt filled her eyes. "I'm sorry, Dean. I shouldn't have said that."

"Shouldn't have asked. I'm out of here." Dean says. Mia really did feel bad - him and Rory were fighting and now Mia and Dean were fighting so she worried he didn't really have anyone.

All she could do now is make it right.

A/N: Chapter 7! Lots of Jess and Mia but trust me, it will have a lot of angst upcoming. I'm still in the Top 10 of the #gilmoregirls hashtag so thank you guys so much for reading. We're almost at 1K reads, you guys are the best. Don't forget to vote, comment and leave some feedback!

word count - 1174