Trial

Ehem, I'm sorry? *It's a warning for a depressing chapter*

If anyone listens to the music I post next to my chapters, well... This one kind of puts the mood of this chapter (Do listen at your own risk)

----------

The sweltering summer breeze tingles dopamine' levels higher, surpassing neurotransmitter's ability to affect one's mind. Spring is known for accumulating oxytocin, notorious as 'love hormone', meanwhile, summer - the loving mother of all kind, radiating sheltered words of happiness, forgiveness as well as tenderness for the one, who reaches down for it.

One would spend their precious holidays accompanied by cherished people, exciting games, anything that prompts the electrifying waves of thrilled sensation.

Summer is the long-awaited season of nurturing the best version of yourself.

Though, what about the ones, that happiness so dared to leave behind? The mellow glimmer of ataractic sunlight shut tight, avoiding it and its' kindness as if it was a lingering ticking time bomb. And if anyone so dared to even move, the tormenting agony of negative emotions wrecking the camouflage, which we use, as to hide our unwillingness of life.

What about the ones, that find comfort in the depths of darkness? The ruptured hands cocooning the shattered soul in its metallic bulwark. The emotional roller coaster of a purblind whirlpool.

------------

The silhouette of a man swiftly glides the curtains to a side, that dressed the entire window, letting the trapped ray of light shine through, shimmering the lying lump on the bed, covered by a blanket.

He strolled closer to the still bump, gently moving the layer away to reveal a pale-faced, motionless man. The frame of a man looked horrendous; sleepless nights, intoxicating pills, heartbreaking sobs; it all accumulated to the view in front of him.

He placed his warm hand on the ashen face, gently stroking it, "Yibo, wake up."

The man on the bed frowned, slightly opened his eyes just to close them again. His hand moved to hover over his head, next to the eyes, to block the annoyingly dazzling sun that was blinding him. He blinked a few times to adjust to the light and sat down while grunting, "What time is it, brother?"

"It's past five, you need to eat something. I have brought you a light snack and a cup of chamomile tea." Lan Haikuan trudged to the table, on which was placed a tray with the mentioned ingredients. He picked it up and walked back to sit on the bed, close to Wang Yibo. 

The latter glanced at the food with indifferent eyes, "You know that I'm not hungry."

Lan Haikuan let a sigh as he warmly smiled at his younger brother, "You barely ate anything the past weeks, Yibo. Please, at least eat this." He placed the tray on top of Yibo's lap, gently ruffling the latter's hair. 

Even if the appetite wasn't one of the feelings Yibo experienced, as the smell of food made him sick, he still nodded. He got ahold of the chopsticks placed in front of him, slowly pushing the food inside his dry mouth. There was no way to deny his brother's help as the latter was always there for him the past weeks - taking care of him and making sure that his personal needs were fulfilled.