Chapter 2

Levi isn't as bad as most would think. Yeah, he's really clingy and overly charming, but he has good intentions- I think. Last week was the first day back to Uni.

I think becoming a lawyer with someone you've known since you were a child isn't as bad as it seems. 

Yup. You've got that right! I've known Levi since first grade. We became friends, or at least until high school started.

When high school came around, my parents took me out and I had to go to JHH. Let's not talk about that though. Let's talk about Levi, or at least for now. 

As I was saying, Levi and I kinda got separated when my parents took me out of school. I couldn't see him for a year and a half.

We drifted away, and when I came back I asked my parents to let me go to a different school. Everybody knew what had transpired before JHH. It took my parents a while to regain our good reputation and Levi's parents helped. 

The class is boring, I don't pay attention. I don't see the point in trying when I don't want it. I still pass though. Somehow, I still manage to get 100% on everything assigned to me. I'm pretty sure my mother is paying them off.

 "Fayeeeee!" Levi sings after several attempts to snap me out of my thoughts.

"Hm?" I reply nonchalantly.

"You okay?" He asks genuinely concerned.

"Crap. Not this shit again. I'm fine Levi." I say through a frustrated sigh.

"Hey. I'm just worried. I don't want- um. You know." He stutters.

"Yeah Levi. I get exactly what you're talking about and I've told you I don't want to talk about it right now!" I scold him.

"Sorry," Levi says as he stands up and goes to sit somewhere else. I take a huge breath in and close my eyes feeling very mad.

"What happened to him?" A guy next to me asks with humor and amusement laced in his eyes.

"Excuse me?" I ask with a serious tone in my voice.

He readjusts in his seat and rolls his eyes. "Grumpy today, aren't we?" He taunts me.

"If you meant pissed off with my little friend over there, then yes." I huff.

"He looks like a real charmer. You two together?" He comments.

"Fuck no, but we have to be soon." I blurt out.

"What do you mean that you have to?" He asks.

"Why should I tell you? I don't even know you." I comment shooting him a slight glare. The guy holds his hand out for me to shake.

"I'm Zach. Zachary Hampton, and you are?..." He introduces himself as I slip my hand into his with a small smile playing on my lips.

"Nice to meet you, Zach, I'm Faye. Faye Myers." I state. 

"Likewise. Well, now we know each other. Spill the tea, Faye." He says with a hurried tone.

"Okay, okay!"

*

I don't know why I did it, but I told him about Levi and our friendship. There are things that I do refuse to tell him, but he didn't mind. Zach is so kind to me, and it's not in a fake way. He's funny, he's my definition of a good friend. 

Zach went on and on about his life and his sister after he gave me advice for Levi. It turns out that Zach's older sister is the same age as my brother and he also has a younger sister. 

Zach seems to have a pretty normal family. It's a family I wish I had, but I know I never will. That's something I've always known, but it doesn't stop me from fantasizing about what it would be like.

*****

I know that this is a super short chapter, but I really wanted to dedicate this to AshlyBobo!
She made the new book cover and I am so so so happy! I just wanted to thank you, I love it so much! :)