Chapter 7

*** EXTREME TRIGGER WARNING: ABUSE, SUICIDAL BEHAVIOR, AND MORE ***

Zeke took me home last night and my parents just left for work. Luckily I have a day off, due to all of my stress lately. I told Zeke what I recalled about Aiden Keench- my ex boyfriend.

***

"You know that I love you, right?" Aiden asks as he drives me home.

"Of course. I just don't see why you wouldn't want to go to the same college with me." I explain with a sad look on my face.

"Baby, I want you to go to the same college as me." He says.

"Aiden, I really wanna go to Standford. You know that." I shake off his suggestion.

"Let me refrase that," he starts. "You are going to Grantford with me. I picked it, got accepted, got you in, and we're going. End of story." He states.

"I don't want to go to Grantford.." I repeat. As I say that Aiden pulls the car over and grabs onto my hand, softly at first.

"Baby girl, you don't know what you're saying." He says.

"I know exactly what I'm saying Aiden." I retort.

Slap

"What the hell?" I respond as my hand automatically makes it's way to my stinging cheek where Aiden had just slapped me.

"You," he starts poking a finger in my face with an angry tone. "You don't talk to me that way." He says with a bright red face.

I reach for the handle to get out of the car and open the car door, stepping out. Aiden furiously gets out of his side of the car and stomps over to me, clenching his fists.

Swing

Aiden always slapped me, but this was the first time he'd punched me. He loves me, I just made him upset. That's all.

"Baby, baby. I'm sorry." I cry more over my forming bruise than him. I run up to him as he starts to make his way back into the car.

Push

"Baby, I'm sorry." I cry over him, and only him this time.

"Get up and get into the car." He spits at me. I hurriedly pick myself up and get into the car.

"Baby, I'm sorry." I say as he speeds down the road.

"You wonder why I'm the ONLY guy that had EVER payed attention to you? THIS is WHY!" He yells at me.

"I-I'm sor-sorry," I sob. "I didn't mean it- I didn't. I'll do better. I promise." I plead as I try to hold his hand that's placed onto the steering wheel.

"Get off of me!" He grunts as he takes his hands off of the steering wheel and pushes me against the inside of the car.

***
That's the last thing I remember before we crashed. I- I killed him and there's no getting him back.

"I'm a murderer." I say to myself in the kitchen.

"I don't deserve to live.." I slowly pick up the knife I was using for my tomatoes and bring it into my room with me, calling my brother- Noah.

"Hello?" He answers.

"N-Noah. I killed him. I'm a- a murderer." I croak.

"Listen to me. You're not a murderer. That was his fault."

"It's my fault Noah! I deserve to die for it too." I end the call and sit on my bed momentarily before I pick up the knife and slowly make its sharp end point towards my wrist. Before I can do anything, I feel a heavy force pushing me down to the ground.

"Faye, Faye. It's going to be okay sweety. This is not the answer." A police woman is holding me in a comforting position as she had through the knife to someone else a few moments ago.

***

I'm sitting back at JHH in the same situation as before listening to what Dr. Johnson is telling us.

"She has PTSD and it's only getting worse. Has she been on her medication recently?" He asks my parents.

"She's been refusing to take it anymore." They answer.

"He's dead because of me.." I respond.

"Faye. He was abusive, it wasn't your fault. He took his hands off of the wheel to hit you and he caused the accident which almost killed you too." He says.

"He loved me." I retort.

"That may be so, but he didn't do a good job in showing it. The situation you where in was extremely toxic." He says with a frown.

I stay seated in silence. I didn't want to say or do anything, because deep down.. Deep down, I knew he was right.

****
A/N: I'm doing one more chapter as the epilogue. I hope you enjoyed this!