~6~

Lani layed down on her bed sighing. She tried to fall asleep but she was too angry so she started to practically pace a hole into the floor.  She looked at her sketching supplies. She took a deep breath focus her energy on her sketching pencil and her sketching pad.

The two objects floated towards her and using the power of her mind she started to let the pencil draw out what she was thinking.

Lani saw herself flying through the Ghost Zone. It's been awhile since she saw the Ghost Zone. She wondered if it still looked the way she remembered.

She looked to her side and she saw the two old ghosts that took care of her. They used to be a couple from the 1930's but died from a mysterious fire. They never got to see their own grandchildren growing up.

They so badly wanted to see them but they were in the Ghost Zone. When they found Lani just floating with nothing but a diaper and a half empty bottle, they took her in and started to raise her.

They played tag, hide and go seek and all sort of games. Lani couldn't wish for something even better. She was happy and content.

One day she flew too far and she found herself at an island with a skull rock on it. The old couple look high and low for her. They eventually found her with Skulker.

They gotten scared but what they didn't expect was to see Skulker actually playing with her."Skulker..."

"You must be the guardians of this little one?" He asked."Yes, thank you for not killing her."

Skulker looked confused."How could I kill her? She's a ghost."

"She's half ghost Skulker."

"Halfa? She's Plasmius's daughter." Skulker then ran to a lever and pulled it down. It revealed all of Skulker's notes off Plasmius and Lani.

"What is all this?"

"I was hired by this new halfa to find this little one. I can't let him find her. He wants to train her and all that..."

"Why are you doing this then?"

"I too once had a family. I died protecting them. I'm not going to let it happen again. I'll lead him off her tracks." Skulker said."Uncle." Her baby voice said.

"She looks a lot like my daughter."

"Thank you, Skulker."

A few years later all hell broke lose for them. The couple got attacked by Plasmius who has gotten more powerful.

Lani's sketchbook now held a picture of the two ghosts she really cared for trying to protect her as Vlad harmed them so badly that their cores couldn't fix the damage and they faded out.

Little Lani got taken to Vlad's mansion. She rebelled against the man she didn't know was her father."Stop struggling!" Vlad shouted and slapped her across the face. Lani was on the floor and immediately she tried to run to the Ghost Zone.

"Not so fast." Vlad said and the portal shut down causing Lani to run into a deadened.

A few days later. She was fed up with Vlad and his training. She just wanted to go back to the Ghost Zone, but then she saw the dark look on Vlad's face. She didn't back down though.

Vlad knocked her unconscious. When she woke up she expected to be in her room that was surrounded by all kinds of stuffed animals and other toys.

Instead she saw a green tinted window. When she stood up and touch it she got electrocuted and she stood back. She felt weak but it soon faded away.

"Look who is awake." Lani looked up to see two people."Stay away from me." She hissed."Now now. That's not how you talk to adults. Come on, it's time for your tests."