01

MICHAEL CLIFFORD

-

That summer. 1999. I was sixteen. Britney Spears' 'Baby One More Time' was constantly on the radio, it topped number off the Billboard charts. That is still when Jamie Lynn Spears 'Zoey Brooks' didn't got pregnant at the age of sixteen. That was the year Toy Story 2 came out, Woody was kidnapped by an evil toy collector. 

With earpods in my ears, I walked to the corner coffee shop.

"Uh, one large latte and a chocolate muffin." I said to the barista behind the counter and passed her a ten dollar bill, the coffee shop was packed with students, trying to get a bite before class.

"In total it is $8.50, here is your change." She passes me the change and I roughly shoved it in my pockets of my trousers.

I sip on my latte and walked out of the shop, with my backpack on one shoulder and my left hand holding the latte, I jumped on my bike and proceed on riding towards the campus.

My name is Michael, Michael Clifford. My friends call me Mikey and I go to Las Plumas High School, I also went to Las Plumas Middle School and Las Plumas Elementary School. 

I spot my friend, Ashton in the front on his bike too, waiting for the green light, I let out a small smirk as I decided to sneak up to him, I began speeding up and smacking Ashton in the head as I stopped right beside him.

"Son of a-" He cussed, "What the fuck, Mikey?"

"Oh shit." I laughed as I speed up and got away from Ashton.

When we got closer to school, we see Luke slowly riding his bike, with a sandwich in his mouth. I glanced over at Ashton and he smiled back at me, we both quicken our speed and smacked Luke on the back, causing his sandwich and him to fall out.

"Dude, you guys are so lame!" He yelled, trying to check on his sandwich but it was already covered with dirt.

"Not really." Ashton and I said, synchronized.

Luke Hemmings, he has always been good with the girls, not just because his apparantly good looks, but he doesn't chase after girls in the ways that us teenage boys does, he does it the grown up way, but often getting him friendzoned.

After we parked our bikes, we walked in to school, talking about last night's episode of 'Friends'.

"I can't believe Monica did that to Joey." Ashton said, pouting, "I was watching it last night and I near tipped over my drink."

"Oh well, that's exactly what Monica would do." Luke replied.

"You guys sound like a bunch of fourteen year old girls." I groaned, "Can we talk about something else?"

Ashton shrugged as he glanced over at me, "What do you want to talk about?"

"You know what we should talk about?" Luke interrupted me before I could even reply, "Alyssa."

Both of them burst in to laughter, he raises his hand up for a high five and Ashton went for it.

Suddenly, a basketball hit me in the head, I kneel on to the ground, with my hands on the back of my head, I yelled.

"For fuck's sake-" I turned around and looked up. There stood Calum, he is one of my best friends since we were in kindergarten and he is also one of the most annoying and disgusting human beings on earth.

"Dodge, next time?" He shrugged and nods at Ashton and Luke, "What are you guys talking about?"

"Alyssa." Ashton replied, couldn't help himself to giggle.