10

MICHAEL CLIFFORD

-

It has been months since Alyssa and I had the fall out in the rain. We haven't talked and I knew about her was she started dating Luke. Luke somehow managed to get in the same school as Alyssa for the spring semester and according to Ashton, who still talks to Luke, they were inseperable.

And Luke was the only one of us four who actually dated Alyssa.

During spring break, Calum was coming home from Pennsylvania and I was picking him up at the airport, I waited a the arrivals, holding a sign with his name on it.

When I saw Calum, there was no smile or emotion on his face, I knew he had a rough time in University of Pittsburgh since his soccer scholarship was cut off because of his grades so I didn't speak a word, but when he walked towards me, his eyes looked right through me, neither of us spoke a word. I grabbed his suitcase for him and we walked down to the parking lot and the entire way down and as we pulled out (of the parking lot, you sicko), neither of us had spoken a word.

"Stop the car." He suddenly said as we were driving past a deserted area on our way back to Las Plumas.

"Why-" "Just do it."

I pulled over the car on the side of the street and Calum got out off the car, I immediately followed, "What do you want, Cal-"

Before I could even finish my question, Calum's fist slammed on my cheek.

"What the hell, Calum?" I said, holding my throbbing cheek with my right hand, I could taste the blood in my mouth and I stared at Calum.

"How could you, how could you, Michael?" He shouted at me, kicking me.

"How could I what? Explain your fucking self." I yelled back, curling myself in to a ball so Calum couldn't hit any of my important parts.

"How could you let Luke have her?"

I froze, Calum had stop hitting me, I slowly let go and sat up on the ground, looking up at Calum.

He shook his head and pulled me up, I still haven't replied him.

All four of us liked Alyssa, but although Calum tries really hard to impress Alyssa, she always thought of him as a friend, when we take a step trying to be closer with Alyssa, Luke was five steps ahead, and when Alyssa and I stopped talking, Luke ceased the opportunity and took it.

I basically handed him Alyssa.

"I'm sorry."

"I don't want you to be sorry, I want you to get Luke away from her, you were the closet to her out of all of us, you weren't suppose to let any of us have her, you weren't..." That was the first time I saw Calum cry.

He has gone through a long year that year, I just stood there in silenced, watching my old friend cry, I couldn't do anything, I had taken away one of the things he cared a lot about.

"You know what, let's just go, drive somewhere, I don't want to go home and see his face." He scoffed, as he walked back to the car.

"Okay." Was all I could say, I walked back and hopped in to the passenger seat.

"Why didn't you get her?" Calum asked.

"I'm an idiot."