04

MICHAEL CLIFFORD

-

"The school called today." Dad said, on the dinner table.

I froze, having my dad finding out I was jacking off in class will probably be one of the most embarrasing thing in life for me.

He glared at me and continued, "They say you're not focusing in class enough."

I sighed in relief, as I sat down around the dinner table, my mom was still in the kitchen.

"You have the lowest grade out of the whole class," he scolded, "how about instead of focusing so much on girls, you focus on school work."

"I'm not interested in girls." I spat out, suddenly I heard the sound of plates being dropped to the ground, there stood my mom, and spilled food all over the floor.

"I'm not interested in guys either." Both of them sighed in relief, I took another bite of my food.

As they sighed in relief, I rolled my eyes as I continued eating my food, stuffing face in to the plates.

-

Dear Alyssa,

I have an undying love for you, if school's the east, you'll be the sun. Your eyes, your eyes, I could look at them all day if you let me. Those pretty brown eyes, and your beautiful dirty blonde hair, I want to run my hand through them and tell you how beautiful you are, every day. So give me a chance to love you, you will never forget it, meet me at the oak tree behind school if you feel the same way about me. 

Yours Truly,

Calum.

-

As I look at Alyssa's expressions change when she reads the note, I let out a long smirk.

It was 5 in the afternoon on a Thursday, Alyssa has always stayed after school to study because her sister was in a grade above from of us and needed to stay after school everyday for Univeristy submissions. 

"This...This is your hand-writing." She said, turning around, I was sitting back at the last row again with my legs on the desk.

"What? No, it's from Calum." I argued, she just lightly laughed and continued reading the love letter.

"Michael, do you know that you are really bad at writing love letters?' She said.

"No, again, I'm the fucking Shakespeare of love letters." I smirked, she shook her head and passed the letter back to me.

"Give this back to Calum and tell him, I'm not interested." 

She hands me the note, I shove it back in to my backpack and a question popped out in my head.

"Why aren't you interested?' I said, then suddenly I acted out a surprised look, "Oh god are you in love with me, Alyssa?" I swipe over my fringe in to the other side, and striked my best model pose.

"No, Michael, I'm not." She rolled her eyes, "And I'll never be."

"Don't lie to me, you know when you see me, with my hot fringe, beautiful hazel eyes and the looks of a Greek god, you want me, and also, I happen to be a genius too."

She snickered, "Oh, really, a genius? Trust me, I will never fall for you."

"Yes, a genius, you know why I'm always last place in tests? Because I'm afraid if you use 100% of my power, smart brats like you would cry."

She laughed, and the sixteen year old snapped at that moment, a girl doubted my obviously good-looking face and my intelligence?

"What are you laughing about, Harlow?" I said, "Want to bet that I will have higher scores than you on all four of midterms?"

"Sure, but what are you willing to bet on?" She asked, "Even your precious hair?'

I glanced over at Alyssa, there's nothing on her that would make her interesting for me to bet on, I stared over at her long brown curls.

"If you have the higher grade, I will dye my hair pink." I said, but instantly regretted it, "But you have to dye your hair blonde."

"Deal." She nodded, turning back to her desk, continue writing in her notebook.

"Wait, you didn't explain why you wouldn't like me?"

Dumb question, Michael, why would you even ask that.

She turned around and stared at me blankly, but soon turn in to a smirk.

"Because I don't like boys that are dumber than me."

At that moment, her cockiness and over-confidence striked me again.