-1-

Silver flew a lap around the city, enjoying the feel of the wind through his fur. His nemesis, (Y/n), hadn't attacked for over a week now, and he was honestly wondering where she had gone. 

She was sometimes terrifying, and other times simply confusing. 

The times she was terrifying, her power seemed to be wild, even more than his used to be. Almost out of control, but not quite. She could channel it into anger and hatred, terrorizing anyone within a mile radius. Maybe more. It honestly depended on her mood. 

But she almost seemed to want him to beat her. Like she thought she was making a mistake by being a villain. But she never stopped, so Silver continued to fight her, shove her back to where she belonged. 

Now he knew what it was like to have a nemesis. Not as glorious as Sonic had made it seem. And anyway, Eggman only had robots and fancy words. (Y/n) had telekinesis like he did and she used it for more wild and dangerous purposes that would make even Eggman gawk. 

The ivory hedgehog landed in the town square where many of the civilians ran over to him, either asking for his autograph or taking videos while asking questions. "Uh, heh, I was just getting some air," he said, lifting his hand and looking around. He signed a few of the papers without actually taking them, trying to get past the sudden mob. Maybe landing in the town square had been a bad idea. 

He finally made it past them, hurrying down the sidewalk. Actually, instead of escaping them, he just set up a barrier between them and him, pretending they weren't there. He let out a sigh. How did Sonic ever deal with this? 

"Excuse me." He looked over as someone grabbed his arm. He blinked. (Y/n). "I promise I won't make a scene, but could you do me a favor?" 

"You always make a scene," Silver growled, pulling his arm away and subtly preparing to knock her into next year if he had to. He'd actually debated it. But that would cause more harm than good. He would know.

"I wanted to thank you," she said.

"And why's that?"

"You act as if I've done something wrong."

"Villains don't usually treat their enemies like normal people. And you are a villain."

"True, true." She stepped up beside him, her shoulder brushing his. "But you know this isn't the first time we've done this."

"Sometimes I just don't understand you. And, last time, you waited until no one was looking and threw me into the fountain to try and drown me." She laughed.

"I remember that," she said. "But you have a fan squad tailing you right now. It would be too exposing for me to strangle you here." So instead, she put her hand on his shoulder, gently trailing it down his arm. "In a sense, I'm saving you from them."

Honestly, that was actually true. From a distance, and through the shield, which was hard to hear through, it almost looked like she was flirting with him. There were many girls who followed Silver around and evading them was sometimes a challenge. And, (Y/n) wore a mask during their battles. The only reason Silver knew who she was was because he'd knocked it off and gotten a good look at her face.

Ever since, their relationship on the streets had been pretty quiet. Silver didn't want to build up more hate between them than he had to, so he didn't often fight her in public, but there were times when she dragged him into an alley for a beating without her mask.

"What do you want?" he muttered when she waited.

"Just for you to sit still long enough to let me say that you almost destroyed the city by knocking me into the wall oh so generously."

"What?"

"Yes. You know that if I don't use my powers for too long, I go insane and a vortex is created. For the past few days, I've had to move little objects to compensate. That's on you."

Another reason (Y/n) was such a terrifying villain. Something about her powers was just off. He didn't know the real origin of them, but the problem with not killing her was that if he injured her badly enough, took her out of the field, he risked the possibility of her sucking the whole city down with her if her powers got out of control. Sometimes, he just preferred knowing her status.

"Fine," he said. "But you asked for it."

"Don't I always?" She smiled sweetly, giving his arm a squeeze. He glared down at her. "Anyway. Thank you for your time." Then she nodded at the group of people, passing straight through his shield. Silver groaned, the wall dissolving. The group ran over to him once more, swarming him. One of her more subtle attacks. She was one crafty (a/t).