-13-

(Y/n) vomited again, the liquid flecked with blood. Silver held her hair back, a worried look on his face. 

"That's the third time in the past two hours," he said. "You need to say something to Fia." 

"And tell her I'm already mentally broken? No thank you," the (a/t) rasped, her eyes pained. Silver stared anxiously at her, rubbing his finger along her cheek. Two days ago, Fia's guards had come into their cell, removed their shoes and gloves, leaving them bare foot and handed like Shadow, switching (Y/n)'s clothes to a black uniform. That uniform was stained red. 

"You can't go on like this," he said, putting one hand under her chin and forcing her to look in his eyes. 

"I want to go back to sleep," she said, pushing his hands away and curling up in the corner. "I won't throw up for another few hours if I do." She shuddered. "Tell me if there's any update from Blaze." 

For the past two days, Silver had been communicating with Toby, as he'd learned his name was, who was passing information between him and Blaze and throwing in the classic old man story. They'd been working out the guard's schedule, but Fia was smart. She must have known people would try, because the guards' schedules were different in every sector, as Silver learned there were. 

So, in Blaze's sector, the guards came around when Silver's weren't, and as soon as Blaze's guards were gone, Silver's would come around. Getting past them would have to require only one getting out at a time. And the guards came by three times. 

Everyone got four visits a day. Three from the guards, one for bathroom breaks, two for food breaks, and one from Fia. She came to break them. Her sessions usually included taunting Silver until his temper snapped, which he was now trying to control. He meditated when he wasn't taking care of (Y/n) or coordinating with Blaze, taking elements of what he'd learned from Espio. 

But time was running out. They needed to escape, and fast, because chances of that were slimming. Apparently, Blaze got more than the three visits a day in her sector. Fia didn't visit that sector because the prisoners there couldn't be broken or of were no use to her. However, for Blaze, Fia visited her specially to study her powers and get exactly what she needed to create a cell specifically for the pyrokinetic. And apparently, she was nearing the finish of her studies and construction. 

"Dinner, slobs," a guard called from outside the cell. The bottom panel slid open just enough to let the guard slide in the plate of maggot filled food. Silver nudged the plate over to him with his foot, picked out the maggots and dumped them down the vent, then took out the moldy and maggot bitten parts, set them aside, and forced the rest down his throat. He almost vomited, but managed to keep it down, sliding the good parts over to (Y/n) for when she woke up. She needed the best she could get, though the best was pretty lame, here. 

"Hey! Silver! Blaze has a message for you!" Toby called from the vent. Silver crawled as close as he could and leaned down. 

"What is it?" he called back. 

"Apparently Fia slipped up and gave her the time limit for you guys! You have three days before the prison cell is ready!" 

"Three days," Silver said, running a hand through his quills, which were filthy, more of a grayish brown now. "That's not nearly enough time. And (Y/n) keeps getting worse." 

"That ain't good," Toby said. "Blaze, what do you think?" A pause. "She says that you aren't going to be able to make a clean break. You're going to have to fight your way out, and if we can't navigate the facility, chances of picking up Shadow along the way are very slim." Silver groaned. Blaze was right. From what the white hedgehog had picked up from his trip to the isolated cell, Shadow was on the other side of the facility, and for guests like Silver, security was tighter than the others.