-14-

(Y/n) lay on the floor, staring blankly up at the ceiling while trying not to vomit. Silver had come around the next day, though he was now sleeping again, trying to get rid of the lingering headache. The (a/t) had almost snorted. You think your headaches suck? They don't. They really, really don't. 

But she didn't say anything. Instead, she'd taken the water that the guards dropped down through the chute in a sealed cup and started to wash his quills. Right now, he was laying flat on the floor, asleep, while she ran her hands through his quills in an attempt to make them white again. She just couldn't stand to see him filthy and despairing, so soon after he'd been so hopeful after realizing Blaze was there. 

They only had two days now. Fia had been stopping by more often, but she hadn't been saying much. It was ominous and making (Y/n) nervous. 

"(Y/n)?" Toby's voice called from the vent. 

"Give it a second," the (a/t) called back. There was scratching in the vent, which made it hard to hear the old timer. The animals inside the vent patrolled them daily, and coordinating had to take place while they weren't simply because they were too noisy. Toby waited patiently until she gave the all clear before he started talking again. 

"How's Silver doing? Blaze and I are both wondering. After his little blackout yesterday." 

"He's fine. He's sleeping right now." 

"And how are you doing?" 

"I've been better." She looked down at Silver, who shifted slightly. "How are you doing?"

"Good as ever, miss! Now, Blaze has scratched a calendar on her wall, with the times the guards come by. We have two days, and then our chances of escaping go way down."

"Got that loud and clear," (Y/n) said dryly. "So, what about the calendar?"

"Well, she says that there's an hour opening between shifts when the guards make their rounds with bathroom breaks. She can get through the bars while they're not there and come and fetch us right at the end of her guard's shift so that she can catch your guards when they're not there." 

"But we don't know the facility," (Y/n) said. "We need a map or something. And I bet one of the guards has one so that they can make their rounds efficiently. If we can get one of those, we can make a straight shot to the exit." A pause. 

"No Shadow?" Toby asked after a moment. 

"I don't think we could make it," (Y/n) said. "We'd be caught long before we found him and he's already half insane, anyway." Another pause. 

"She agrees," the old timer said. "Now, we have to-" 

"Sh," the (a/t) hissed suddenly, looking at the door. She scooted away from Silver, who grunted and shifted into a sitting position, blinking his eyes open. Fia peered in through the top window. 

"Hello," she said sweetly, sliding the bars away. "I'm here on some important business for you, (Y/n)." 

"Oh, I feel special," she said. She felt bile rise in her throat. Not now! 

"Yes. My guards have been reporting you becoming very sick, very often. I don't recall anyone else ever getting this sick from the prison food, and I'm not about to make an exception for you. So, I'm going to take you to the medical wing and my doctors will examine you. I can't have any weaknesses in my army." 

"I take back what I said," (Y/n) said. "I feel sick." She then leaned over and threw up yet again. The door slid open and Fia ducked inside, her pets outside shifting impatiently.