Chapter 2: Music to my ears

It's now been about a year and Peter has gotten used to the rules here;

Wake up at 6:30, wash the pots, make breakfast for the kids, hoover whilst they eat, wash the pots after they eat, grab an apple and walk them all to school, go back home, do some home learning, then go on the streets to play viola for some  lunch money since Miss. Baye didn't really like him. 'You sneak out too much' she says. Then pick up the kids. Honestly, Miss. Baye is so lazy if anything bad were to happen maybe i should let her die-

"That's a bit harsh Peter." May says crossing her arms leaning on the doorframe to the kitchen. Right now he was about to take the kids to school.

"Well maybe she should give a damn about me then i'll do it back" he huffed back and walked passed her putting on his duffle coat rushing the kids out of the door, not to wake the owner up.

"Dont forget your collar, its cold out." May said and Peter pulled up his collar. "Bye love." May shouted to him as he closed the door behind him.

People awed at the little huddle of kids surrounding peter. He was 16 today and the rest were all ranging from 6-13 so he was the oldest. Their leader almost.

Peter finished dropping the last kids off and waved at them. "Bye guys, have fun!" Once they left, Peter turned to leave but bumped into someone.

-oof "oh my god, i'm so sorry" Peter said, standing and picking up the shopping that fell out of the mans bags. "Oh it's quite alright..."

"Peter!" he answered.
"It's alright Peter, i wasn't looking where i was going either. Thanks for the help though." he said and extended his hand to shake Peters.

"John." he said. "It was nice meeting you but i gotta get back now, see you!" John said waving and walking off. You wave back and head home to do some school work.

*John*

John walked back into the flat and closed the door behind him.
"Where were you?" Sherlock asked. "Groceries." he replied showing him the bag and then walking into the kitchen

"Yes, but you took longer than usual. What stopped you?" Sherlock pressed on. "Well i accidentally bumped into some kid on the way home."

"Kid? Shouldn't they be in school at this hour?" Sherlock asked, shuddering at the word school.
"That's what i thought when i saw him, he was with some other kids but he sent them to school and then left, he didnt go into the school."

"Hmm, Weird." Sherlock said, "I'll take the case!" he added.
"What?" John asked. "What case?"

"The kid. Who doesn't go to school. Bit weird, don't you think?" Sherlock said.
"Not really? Maybe hes ill, or homeschooled?" John suggested.

"John. If he was ill he wouldn't be out and about and if he were homeschooled, why would he be wasting his time taking a bunch of kids to school? See, weird."

Then Sherlock grabbed his coat and scarf and left 221b. John quickly running after him.

*Peter*

As soon as Peter entered the building he noticed a parcel on the floor behind the door and an envelope, both addressed to him. He picked them up and walked to his bedroom. Suddenly his phone pinged;

Happy Birthday kid,
Everyone here misses you and wishes you were here.

Hope you got the parcel and card and hope you like the gifts.

We miss you spidey-boy,

~The gang x

Peter smiled down at his phone and sat on his bed. He opened the card first. He first wondered why is was thick but when he opened it, he got his answer.