Chapter 4: Adoption

*Peter*

It's the next day, and Peter couldn't be feeling any shittier than he is right now. It's currently 8:30, Saturday; thank god he didn't have to leave the house.

Suddenly Peter hears voices downstairs, oh! That's right, people were coming to adopt. 'Not that he had a chance.' like Miss. Baye said...

"Honey. Stop moping, get dressed nicely for the visitors. Who cares what Miss. Baye says; go give it a shot. Who knows, they might like you!" May encouraged him as he hobbled out of bed.

He went to his closet and pulled out a science pub t-shirt and blue hoodie, along with jeans rolled up at the bottom and some black and white checkers vans, and he was ready to go.

Peter walked across his room to his bedroom and opened it. From the door, thanks to his enhanced hearing, he could hear the conversation going on downstairs.

He knew those voices from somewhere, he definitely did. But where? He shrugged it off, going downstairs and into the main room.

Once he saw who was there he stopped breathing. Oh. My. GOD!! That Sherlock guy and John, i swear they're after me!!
Soon Sherlock noticed his presence and looked up at him, just as Peter was fleeing the room.

Peter bolted to his room making sure not to fall over on the way up. He slammed his door shut and picked up his bag as he was no longer safe here, so he thought.

He opened his bag and went to take out his suit when;

CRASH

His bedroom door banged open.
Peter squealed, shocked from such a sudden entrance, accidentally throwing his bag at the intruder which just happened to be John.

"oW!" John yelped rubbing his forehead, where the bag had hit him. "God sorry, you's shocked me is all." Peter said sassily as Sherlock was stood next to John.

"You shouldn't be up here, he's not allowed to talk to the visiters. Besides he's bad luck, you don't want him!!" snarled Miss. Baye, walking into the bedroom.

"Yeah, William. Leave!" Peter argued as he walked over and took the bag from John, apologizing quietly then walking over to his desk to sit down, and gently set his bag down beside him.

"Shut up, how dare you speak to a guest like that? Apolagise at once!" Miss. Baye yelled.
"Oh, Shut up!" Sherlock exclaimed.

"Sherlock!" John said sternly, hitting his arm, "don't be rude."
"Of course, how silly of me, please. Shut up!" Sherlock argued back, smirking when his response was a huff of annoyance from Miss. Baye as she leaves the room.

Sherlock stares bullets into the back of Peters skull, but Peter pays no attention, he simply opens his laptop-

"Good morning Peter, it is currently 8:47, the today weather is-" Peter slams his laptop closed. Oops. Peter forgot about K.A.R.E.N. oh god why is he so dumb sometimes..?

"What was that?" John asked.
Suddenly a small cat, about the size of a football, appeared from under his desk, " I am K.A.R.E.N.,
I am Peters Artificial Intelligence." K.A.R.E.N. answered.

"H-hey would ya look at the time~ heHe" Peter said nervously, man his cover was so blown.
"The time is 8:50, Peter." K.A.R.E.N. states. Not what Peter meant but, oh well...

"Shoo, i am in no need of assistance, thank you." Peter said trying to get the cat to go back into her hiding place.
"Hmpf, suit yourself, 'underoos.' "
And with that K.A.R.E.N. went back under his desk.

"Uh... any questions?" exclaimed Peter nervously, facing Sherlock and John in his spinny-chair.

"Many, but they can wait till later, pack your bags. Quickly." Sherlock rushed out. "Uhm, what? I'm not coming with you, if that's what you're implying." Peter stated, calmly.

"Why not, you clearly don't like it here, and the owner doesn't like you.
I bet she makes your life a living hell here." Sherlock answered back. "You're wrong, i like it here!"
Peter said weakly smiling.

"Yes? Well, the many bloodstains on your carpet and slight limp in your left leg, along with the way you subconsciously hold your abdomen tell me otherwise. Not to mention the very obvious bruises along your entire body."

Peter gawked at Sherlock, that was so cool! How does he do it?
"So, you want to go ahead and tell me you 'like it here'?" Sherlock asked nonchalantly.

Peter didn't answer, he just looked down at his feet, he knew Sherlock was right, but could he trust him.

"Of course you can trust him, he is a detective, he can protect you." May said from Peters right. Peter looked up at her, "Okay."

"Okay?" questioned John, as he watched Peter smile at literally thin air. "Yes, okay. I'll come with you's." Peter answered standing up and getting the suitcase from on top of the wardrobe.

"Right, well. We'll be downstairs if you need us." And with that Sherlock left the room, with John trailing behind him.

Peter let out a sigh, dragging his hands down his face before he bagan to pack.

*Sherlock*

Sherlock and John left the room and went down to the main entrance to sign the adoption papers. This boy was a hard nut to crack and Sherlock just couldn't figure out why.

Soon enough that very same boy came padding down the stairs, wincing from pain every once in a while.

*Peter*

"Ready to go?" Sherlock asked, clearly bored out of his mind. Peter hesitated, looking at May, then Miss. Baye, then Sherlock.

May was smiling, she wanted him to do this. Sherlock had a straight face, he didn't really care, but Miss. Baye, she looked furious. You could practically see the steam erupting from her ears.

Both Sherlock and John noticed his hesitation and the way Miss. Baye was boaring holes into the side of Peters head and decided to just leave.

Picking up one of three of Peters bags, Sherlock stepped out of the house, John following suit. Peter picked up his last bag and went to leave the house when Miss. Baye grabbed his shoulder roughly.

"You dirty little rat, you don't deserve anyone, especially not someone as famous as Mr. Sherlock Holmes, so i suggest just not opening your mouth around them in order to make sure you don't make a fool of yourself.

Peter frowned, tears forming in his eyes as Miss. Baye's grip tightened before she shoved him out of the house, causing him to tumble down the concrete stairs outside.

Peter heard a sickening crack coming from his ankle and yelped, Luckily Sherlock and John weren't paying attention until he cried out in pain.

"You okay?" John asked from where he was putting a suitcase in the trunk. "Y-yeah, i just tripped is all. I'll be fine." Peter replied smiling sweetly.

He couldn't let them know about his injuries 'cause then they'll notice his enhanced healing powers. John simply nodded walking over and helping the boy up.

They made it to the taxi, Peter somehow hiding the fact his ankle is literally broken, but oh well. Sherlock was already sat down when Peter got in and soon they were off.

Driving away to flat 221B Baker Street...