Chapter 5: A nice cuppa

*Peter*

As they pulled up to a little cafe Peter couldn't help but wonder why Sherlock wanted to adopt him anyway. Nobody wanted Peter, he was the sad little weak kid at the back of the crowd no one paid the slightest attention to. He didn't get it, what was the catch?

"Peter, stop it. Don't you see, they adopted you because they care." May said with a sad smile on her face placing a comforting hand on Peter's shoulder. "Thanks." Peter whispered back also smiling.

"We're here if you haven't noticed. " sassed Sherlock as he paid the driver and he and John got out. Sherlock Opened the door to a flat as Peter also exited the cab, stumbling as to not hurt his already injured ankle.

"Want some help?" John asked kindly.
"No thanks, I got it." Peter said, suitcase in hand as the taxi slowly drove off.

As Peter entered the flat he could here Sherlock talking from upstairs, who else was here? Peter thought but it was soon answered as an old lady opened the door.

"Oh hello dear, I'm Mrs. Hudson, so glad to see a new face here. Won't you's come on up for a nice cuppa?" She asked cheerfully
"That would be lovely Mrs. Hudson, thank you" John answers walking up the stairs. Peter follow suit.

"Hi, I'm Peter." He says and shakes mrs. Hudson hand.
"oOh- very polite. I like him." She says looking as Sherlock.
"Heh- thanks Mrs. Hudson..."
"Right, well I'll get started on that tea shall i." She says as she leaves, closing the door behind her.

"O-kayyy... Where should I put my stuff?" Peter asks awkwardly.
"Oh-right, yes, follow me." John says, leading Peter through the apartment to what looked like a spare room.

"This is yours, decorate it how you like." He said smiling then left.
"Right." May said suddenly from beside Peter, " Lets start then shall we? " she said grinning. Peter returned the grin picking up a conveniently placed hammer from a pile of junk in the spare room...

"Oh yeah."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry it took so long, dealing with home learning has been a nightmare but I finally did another chapter hopefully you like it
~Alex

•======================🌸💖🤷💖🌸=======================•