Talking (8)

Molten Freddy lifted themselves up, close to the ceiling to keep from being seen. Baby simply stepped to the side, against the wall. James backed away as you quickly stepped out of the office and shut the door behind you.

You looked around, to see the pizzeria practically packed. You were tackled from your thoughts by someone.

"What the--"

"(Y/N)!"

"Oh, hey, Emmy," you chuckled, lifting her up and hugging her.

Emily giggled, slinging her arms around your neck. You put your arms under her legs to keep her from slipping.

You saw Savannah gesture for you to go over to where she was. You obliged, shuffling over to stand beside the table she was sat at.

"So, Emmy--" Emily leaned back to look at you, her hands remaining on your shoulders to balance herself--"how'd you get here so early?"

"Momma drove me," she told you.

"Alright, smarty-pants--"

"She learned it from you," Savannah commented, snickering.

"They let everyone out of school, did they?" you wondered, pursing your lips.

"Yeah!"

"Do you know why?"

"Ms. Green was coughing a lot, and then she dropped her papers and fell down," Emily explained, making your eyes widen.

"Oh, is- . . ." You glanced to Savannah. "Is she okay?"

"Someone had to call 9-1-1, and then some police officers came and put her on this surfboard, and then they carried her out on it," she continued.

"You don't think--" You looked over at Savannah, a worrisome look on your face--"that 'bug' is going around again, do you?"

"I'm not sure. I certainly hope not. They have vaccines now, though, so it wouldn't be as bad as it was." Savannah looked up, sighing.

"Does it fly?" Emily wondered.

"Does what fly?"

"The bug."

"Oh, no, I meant bug like, as in, virus."

"Like one on a computer?" Emily tilted her head.

"N- Well, I guess so. They're kind of similar," you mused. "Anyway, onto something not negative! Onto our appointment!"

"Over pizza!" Emily cheered, lifting her finger into the air.

"So, what do you guys want?" you wondered, setting Emily down.

"Emily?" Savannah asked as Emily hopped into a chair.

"Hm- Let me see," Emily hummed, grabbing a menu and studying it.

"Savannah, what do you want?"

"I'll just get whatever she wants."

"Vannie, it's on me--" You winked at her--"so get whatever you want. We can make it half and half if you're worried about wasting and all that."

"O-kay," Savannah chuckled, rolling her eyes. "I'll get something. We'll do half and half like you said."

"Alrighty--"

Your phone "bing"ed, making you pause. You slid it out of your pocket some--just enough to see what it was. It was a message from James: "I'm sorry." You raised an eyebrow, looking back at him. When you made eye contact, he looked away and pursed his lips.