Cat-astrophe (10)

"This bitch just hung up on me," you huffed.

"Be-because he's sma-art," Foxy sneered, raising an eyebrow and folding his arms.

"I ought to call that bitch back and then hang up on him in spite," you grumbled, staring at your phone.

"Don't-on't waste your time." Foxy waved his hand.

"You're right!" You pointed your finger up. "I can use it to try to get Candy Cadet to tell me the rest of his story!"

". . . Sure-ure," Foxy jeered, giving you an unamused look.

You ran over to Candy Cadet, making Helpy's eyes open. You smiled and waved to him as he waddled his way towards you. He handed the tablet up to you.

"Thank you, bud," you chuckled, patting him on the head.

"I am Candy Cadet, come get your candy here. I have candy all day, every day. Candy. Candy. Candy." You turned the knob and a piece of candy dropped out. "Return to Candy Cadet again, and maybe I will tell you a story?"

"Dangit!"

"What-what's wrong?" Freddy wondered.

"I want to hear the rest of his story," you huffed, grabbing the piece of candy and plopping it in your mouth.

"I am Candy Cadet, come get your candy here. I have candy all day, every day. Candy. Candy. Candy." You turned the knob again, receiving another piece of candy. "Return to Candy Cadet again, and maybe I will tell you a story?"

"Dangit," you hissed, before reactivating Candy Cadet's dialogue, twisting the knob, and grabbing your candy.

"Return to Candy Cadet again, and maybe I will tell you a story?"

"Dangit," you mumbled under your breath.

"Is-is this what you-ou do all day?" Foxy sneered.

"No," you snapped, turning the knob again. "I only get 10 Play Tokens a day."

"Return to Candy Cadet--"

"So, if there was-wasn't a limit, y-you'd be doing this-is all day?"

"Well . . . until I hear all of Candy Cadet's story."

Foxy started laughing, making you grunt. You shoved more candy in your mouth, munching on it angrily.

You continued to play test Candy Cadet, losing hope as your Play Tokens dwindled. At your last token, you took in a deep breath and turned the knob. You gulped as your piece of candy dropped out.

". . . Now I will tell you a story--"

"AH!" you squealed, making Molten Freddy jump.

"--about a little boy. He had a red snake that he kept in a metal cage whose hunger could not be satisfied."

"Wait, but--"

"One day, the boy found five baby kittens outside his house. He brought them inside and kept them in a shoebox."

"Aww--"

"He knew that the snake might kill them, but could not bring himself to get rid of the snake. He knew that if he chose one kitten to feed to the snake, it might be satisfied, but he could not choose. So, he went to bed, leaving the cage open. The snake went to the shoebox, chose a kitten at random, and ate it. After five nights had gone by, the boy was full of regrets, and cut the snake open. He pieced the remains together and put the kitten back into the shoebox . . ."

Air horns blared from Helpy as shock remained on your face. Fireworks burst on the tablet screen, indicating a performance bonus. You stared at Candy Cadet, still mortified and saddened.