Ruthless Decisions

It was morning & I heard a knock on my door. I sat up in bed & walked quietly to the door where I saw a note slide under the door.

Whatever you heard last night meant nothing. We are not handing you over to the 4 teens but we also don't want you here. We will be looking for better places for you to be but you won't be here much longer.

Wow. Such a way with words. I ripped up the note & slid it under the door as I heard my mother sigh.
"So that's how it is." I heard her whisper to herself.
I knew she was going to give me to them. They meant everything they said last night. Every last bit of it.
I closed my eyes & took a deep breath as I reminded myself it was Saturday.
I then heard my father call for me downstairs as I opened the door & walked slowly down the steps with my blonde curly hair still a mess hanging on my shoulders.
"My goodness Lucy you're a mess!" Mother said. I noticed she didn't say Caswell at the end of my name like the usual which I clearly saw as a sign that I'm not a Caswell anymore.
"You're coming with me into town today." Father said strictly. It felt like he was hiding something because of the conversation they had yesterday.
I nodded as my father led me out to his car. I climbed in my dads black Mercedes-Benz as he started the engine & we pulled out of the driveway to the city in New York. I looked around at all the people shopping, walking, relaxing, talking, eating, or on their phones like the usual city stuff.
Soon my father stopped the engine & told me to get out as he stepped out himself.
We walked to towards the crosswalk as I read the sign "5th Avenue". No way my father is actually doing this...right? It's coincidental. My father led me across the street to a small shop called "Gina's Jewels". We walked inside & father purchased a diamond necklace assuming that's for mother as we walked out.
We came to an alleyway that father dragged me down making me more concerned.
He handed me the bag with the necklace inside.
"Take this & give this to them." Father ordered with a small smile.
"Who are them?" I asked.
My father stared at the ground once again.
"You'll see." He replied. That made me worried as father looked at me & kissed my forehead.
"I know we've had our problems but I love you. I'm sorry for this." Father said before frowning.
I begged for him to tell me what was happening & for him not to get rid of me as he raised his fist & struck me in the forehead knocking me out cold.

My eyes fluttered as I saw 4 people with masks on stand above me. All had on leather jackets & one had a plaid jacket wrapped around her waist.
I reached for my head as it ached in pain & I could feel blood dripping down the side of my face.
"She's alive?" I heard one of the strange voices say.
"Not for long." The other replied.
"You remember the deal. As long as he keeps his word she keeps her life." The final voice spoke.
I tried to sit up but the world was still spinning so I laid back down.
"What's wrong with you? Can't stand up?" One of the voices said angrily as they grabbed me by my wrist & pulled me up causing me to fall but someone caught me.
"Maybe you should be more careful." They replied.
"Shank go ready the fire & set up the tents. We'll sleep back here tonight behind the shop." I heard one say.
So someone's name is Shank. Who's that?
I felt someone pick me up & carry me to a chair sitting me in it.
"What's your name?" They asked.
"Lucy..." I told them. She was wiping the blood off my face with a piece of cloth.
"I'm sally. That's Shank. That's Riley. & our little leader Franklin or Frank. If you call him Frankie he gets pissed so don't do that." Sally ordered me as she introduced me to the names of everyone.