Becoming apart of the corps

(2 year timeskip)
It had now been 2 years since (Y/N) started training under Ichirou. He had almost mastered the ice breathing technique and was now currently sitting down in the butterfly estate dojo talking with his sensei "You've came a long way (Y/N)" Ichirou chirped "you know 6 forms for the ice breathing technique" The older man spoke "I wouldn't have gotten this far won't you encouraging me each time Ichirou" Ichirou laughed "I guess that is true" he said then got up. Ichirou then extended his hand which the younger male accepted getting pulled up by the older male "final selection isn't that long now, it's maybe a week away" Ichirou commented "yeah...." (Y/N) spoke. Just then (Y/N) saw kanao watching the two males training with the other females from the butterfly estate expect for Shinobu who was probably in her room or treating a patient "hey how about we spar each other and use our breathing technique" Ichirou suggested "Alright then don't think I'll go easy on you" (Y/N) answered grabbing the wooden swords. The younger male gave one to the older man and they got into position then the both started counting down at the same time
"Three" they held their swords close to them "two"
They walked back a little "one" they stopped "go" they both laughed themselves at each other. (Y/N) swung the wooden sword only for Ichirou to slide under. (Y/N) immediately turned around "breath of ice fifth form: Dancing icicles!" The brown haired male shouted swinging the sword at Ichirou getting the older male a couple times. (Y/N) took the opportunity to rush Ichirou . Ichirou smirked "breath of ice ninth form: Blizzard!" Ichirou shouted while spinning his sword around generating a cold mist "shit I'm going to lose him!" (Y/N) thought. Meanwhile Ichirou was about to flank (Y/N) until (Y/N) turned around just as Ichirou launched at him. The two wooden swords collided with each other "come on Ichirou you should know that I have a good sense of smell" the younger male boasted "don't get cocky (Y/N)" Ichirou counseled then licked (Y/N) back "Breath of ice third form: Cryo bomb!" Ichirou shouted "Breath of ice fourth form: reflective surface" (Y/N) thought spinning the sword around absorbing the oncoming attack. "You've lasted longer than last time (Y/N)" Ichirou commented "oh this time I'm winning" the younger male announced "you got heart that's what matters the most I'm glad your my tsuguko" Ichirou said calmly "but I'm going to have to end this here" Ichirou then swung his sword up "breath of ice: eighth f-!" He was cut off by (Y/N) how had kicked him back which caused his blade to go out of position "breath of ice third form: cryo bomb!" (Y/N) shouted. Ichirou gracefully dodged the outbursts of ice that were flying at him "no no no, you can't use my own trick against me" Ichirou then got into position "now time to go serious...." he mumbles than came flying at (Y/N) "breath of ice first form!" (Y/N) stumbled back "Sub Zero!" Ichirou shouted causing half of the dojo's floor to freeze including (Y/N)'s feet "good spar (Y/N)!" Ichirou chirped and yanked (Y/N) out of the ice.
(Y/N) sighed as he stretched and got up "Ara Ara" a feminine voice said. The two males turned around to see Shinobu with a scary aura coming from her "why is my dojo almost completely covered in ice?" She said with a smile with sent chills down both the males spines. (Y/N) looked behind her to see kanao and the other butterfly girls still watching then Ichirou nudges the younger male then whispered "run" and bolted for the door. Shinobu turned around then bolted after Ichirou which gave (Y/N) a signal to do the same. The younger male dashed out only to see Shinobu with her foot on Ichirou's back who had his face in the dirt "now will you tell what happened (Y/N)-kun or do you want to be like this idiot" She spoke softly still with that dark aura emitting off of her "I would've gotten away!" Ichirou complained "but you slipped and lost balance like an idiot Ichirou..." Shinobu sighed "well...we might've been sparing and using the ice breathing technique as well then Ichirou used sub zero which froze half of the room.." (Y/N) then tried to block himself for the incoming attack but nothing came "Thank you for telling me the truth (Y/N)-kun" Shinobu said. (Y/N) was able to leave unlike Ichirou who was sitting in the dojo while being scolded by Shinobu.
(Time skip brought to you by a chibi Ichirou (Y/N) running from a chibi Shinobu)
It was now night and (Y/N) was talking with Aoi then he saw kanao staring at him. He waved at the female but as usual she did nothing but stand there with a smile before she walked off. The male then leaned to Aoi "Aoi I know I've been here for a couple of years but I haven't heard kanao speak....like it all" (Y/N) spoke with confusing in his voice "do know why she's like that Aoi?" (Y/N) questioned "you will have to ask Shinobu or Ichirou about that (Y/N) but she's been like that even before I got here"
Aoi said then went back to making dinner. The male sighed then saw Ichirou and Shinobu walk in "so did Shinobu-Chan make you scrape the ice off the dojo?" The male male teased "you've been around Shinobu to much..." Ichirou mumbled but it was long enough for Shinobu to hear so she smacked his head "Ara Ara you don't know when to stop being a smartass don't you Ichirou?" Shinobu said with a tick on her head "love you too" Ichirou said jokingly while rubbing the back of his head. Ichirou than sat down next to the younger male drinking water "so Ichirou has kanao always been silent?" Ichirou raised an eyebrow "why?" Before (Y/N) could answer Ichirou spoke "Do you have romantic feelings for Kanao?" Ichirou questioned making (Y/N) blush. This caused Ichirou to grin "I'm just teasing you" He said nudging the younger male "Shinobu's right you don't know when to stop being a smartass" (Y/N) said with his pink tinted cheeks "I know" Ichirou simply replied with. (Y/N) could only sigh then the Aoi and The butterfly girls dished out the food. Ichirou put his mask on the table which caught Shinobu's attention "haven't changed the mask Kanae gave you huh?" Shinobu said "How could I she got it personally made for me...." he said with sadness in his voice.
(Time skip brought to you by a chibi Ichirou holding his kitsune mask)
Everyone had finished with their food and was now doing their own thing Shinobu and Ichirou were in the dining room still talking, the butterfly girls and Aoi were sitting down playing games and Kanao was just standing their smiling. (Y/N) noticed this and walked over to the female "hey Kanao!" (Y/N) said to the female who just smiled at him "what are you doing?" The male asked. Kanao didn't respond but flipped a coin and it landed on heads then (Y/N) heard "just Smiling at how Shinobu and Ichirou interact with each other" (Y/N) then looked in amazement "y-you spoke!" (Y/N) fumbled with his words. (Y/N) then looked at the coin "what's up with the coin?" (Y/N) asked "it was a gift from my older sister, I use it to decide what to do" kanao explained "so how what was your sister like?" Kanao once again didn't respond to (Y/N) and flipped her coin again. The coin landed on heads "She was a very kind person to anyone and was really inspiring for Ichirou" she spoke softly. (Y/N) then looked over at Ichirou and Shinobu who were laughing at old memories they had with each other "well imma head off to bed" Ichirou said then walked off to his room. Ichirou had gotten to his room and sighed while looking at his kitsune mask tears forming in his eyes "no kanae would not want me to cry..." he mumbled then put his mask on his bed side table a fell asleep. (Y/N) who was also about to fall asleep swayed towards his room and fell asleep on the floor.
(Time skip brought to you by a chibi (Y/N) swinging a nichirin blade around)
It was now the day of final selection and (Y/N) had to wake up earlier then usual. The teen got up and sat in place for a minute or so before finally deciding to move. He got changed than walked out to the dining room where Ichirou and Shinobu were talking with kanao "don't die alright" Ichirou teased getting a hard smack at the back of his head from Shinobu. Shinobu has a tick on her forehead "don't joke around about death alright" She said with a menacing aura "talk about abuse..." Ichirou mumbled. He looked up and saw (Y/N) holding back his laughter "Ohayo (Y/N)" Ichirou chirped and stood up. "Wait here I have things for you two" Ichirou said and quickly ran to his room and back. He came back with a katana and two kitsune masks "here's your blade (Y/N)" He then gave (Y/N) the katana "alright and which of you want what mask?" He asked and held out two masks. S