Chapter 10

Ten
⚛⚛⚛

While I stayed with Jay on the lounge area, watching the people below, we saw a little crowd at a corner brew up a fight. I leaned forward and watched for another moment until I made out Carli's blue hair and heard her yelling and cursing.

"It's Carli!" I grabbed Jay by the arm and pulled him along with me as I scurried down the steps.

Pushing through the crowd, we reached them just in time to find Carli in a fight with another girl. Grayson grabbed her and pulled her away while Vanessa stood in the middle trying to hold the other girl away as she thrashed toward Carli, when in fact, her hands kept falling on Vanessa's head.

"Stop it. Stop it. Ow! Stop!! You're hitting me instead!"

"Then get the fuck outta my way!"

"Fuck off, Grayson!" Carli yelled at her boyfriend as she fought to get out of his hold.

Before I could get to Carli, two bouncers in casual black t-shirt and jeans appeared the next minute, broke them apart, and told them to leave. Grayson followed Carli to the door but I saw her shove him away and telling him to fuck off. Jay and I followed them outside the club. The other girl left with her friends at once. I called Drew since he was our ride and Carli had came with Grayson, whom she'd rather kill than ride with at the moment. Jay was with me but his car was only for two people.

Carli wouldn't talk to Grayson as she stood far from him at the sidewalk, Vanessa by her side.

Jay turned to Grayson. "Lemme guess. You hooked up with another girl again."

"It was only a kiss. Wasn't really planning on banging her."

"Why don't you just stop dating her, man? What's the point? Let her go and bang every chick you find in the street without causing cat-fights in my club."

"I like her."

Jay stared at him dead in the end with the most hopeless face in the entire world. Then he rolled his eyes and shook his head. "You're a real pain in the ass."

Drew scurried out with Jarvis the next moment. "Where's Lola?"

"Here." I went forward.

"Are we really leaving now?" Jarvis grimaced.

"Yup. Come on."

He groaned and got in the front seat with Drew, Vanessa, and Carli at the back. I turned to Jay. "I'll just leave with them."

"I could still drop you."

I glanced toward Drew and saw his displeasing eyes watching me like my dad would.

God.

"That's alright. You don't have to."

He said nothing more as he calmly reached out for my wrist and led me toward his car.

I looked back at them and said, "We'll be right behind you!"

The way Drew stared at me would haunt me for a lifetime. Nonetheless, I went with Jay. When he parked right behind Drew's car in front of our dorm, he moved in and kissed me again. The fact that Drew would see us made me uneasy for a while until I realized he wasn't my dad and I wasn't bound to please him. So, I went forward kissing Jay back as hard as I could. It was, in no way, less than incredible as the taste of his tongue and my own freedom filled my mouth.

"I'll see you tomorrow," he said as we pulled apart.

"Okay." I nodded and stepped out with a growing smile on my face, which I fought to suppress since Drew didn't look too impressed.