♡~Broken~♡

Kara's POV

"You're okay" I said tearing up as I walk him down the feild.

"Kara"

"I've got you"

"Kara" He whispers.

"No, don't talk, just save your energy"

I watch him cough as he's fighting to get air through his lungs. All I want to do is hold him in my arms and tell him everything's going to be okay, but I know I can't.

"There's something I need to say," he whispers, his voice getting weaker every second. "Wherever I go, I'm gonna be better because of you."

I look up at him with tears threatening to fall, but I'm trying to stay strong, for him.

"You'll be in my heart," he tells me, cupping my face in his hands.

"I promise that I'm gonna be the man," he pauses to take a deep breath, "that you thought I could be. I promise."

By this point, I couldn't hold back any longer. All I could think about was how, I was going to lose him forever. It was my fault.

However, I smiled through my tears, knowing that he would always be with me, even worlds apart.

"You've made me so happy," I tell him as he wipes away a tear. I don't know if I'll ever see him again, but he will always be in my heart.

I remember what my mother said when I left Krypton, and I knew I had to do it too.

I reach for the necklace clasped around my neck and take it off.

"Here, here." I reach for his had and place the necklace in his palm. "Take this, this will keep you safe," I tell him.

I pulled him into a gentle kiss, but it still held so much passion.

"I love you. And I should've said it before." I tell him. My heart shatters, knowing that this will most likely be the first, and last time, I will ever be able to say that to him.

"I love you," he says.

I pull him into one more kiss, knowing very well it might be our last. It wasn't long enough, but I knew he couldn't take much more.

"Okay. Okay, you have to go. You have to go!" Saying those words broke me, but they had to be said.

I watch him stagger into my pod. I knew I couldn't do anything about it, but I couldn't stop feeling the guilt. If only I had been able to beat Rhea, maybe he could've stayed.

He jumped in and the glass materialized over him. He took a deep breath and looked back at me. I couldn't stop the tears from falling.

He held the necklace up to his heart, telling me that he'll always be with me, and will always love me. I nodded back at him and smiled. Waving at him, as he took off.

I don't know how long I stayed in that feild, I felt paralyzed. My heart felt like it shattered into millions of tiny pieces, that could only be glued back together by him.

For all I know, I could've sent him to die in space, alone, instead of here in my arms.

Eventually, my adoptive sister, Alex, came to take me home. I knew I couldn't stay here forever, so I finally gave in and let her try to help me heal.

I knew she was only trying to help, but how could I heal after sending the one person I'd ever loved into space. I don't know if I'll ever be the same again, but I could at least try.

This is my first fanfiction on wattpad, and I really hope you like it. Don't forget to like and comment. I will try to update as soon as possible, but I'm not sure when that will be. Today is the last day of school, so I will be having a lot of time on my hands. Hopefully, I will be able to update at least once every week. Thank you so much for reading, and make sure to tell your friends about my story. Love you guys. ♡

Word count: 688
~Courtney